Forums Horror Movie Reviews
I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE Review

Yet another remake. Although slightly different then the earlier veron, bacally the same story line. Some excellent kill scenes in this one. Definitely more brutal/bloody then its predecessor. There were a few parts that made me cringe like a MF'er. If anyone has seen this then you'll know exactly what I'm talking about. I think that as far as remakes go these days, this one was actually good. Its hard to believe that I watched ISOYG and Let Me In, both in the same night..back to back, and I believe that both movies may actually be better then the originals. One little de note. Did anyone notice when Jennifer was pumping gas at the gas station, the price stopped at $19.78. The same year the original came out. Nice homage.
Anonymous Sunday 1/23/2011 at 06:01 AM | 70508
This was one of my favorite films of 2010.

Andrew Howard and Jeff Branson were AMAZING and worth the price of admison alone.

Well acted, excellently shot, great look....brutal. Where it lacked was in the grime/sleaze department. As brutal and fucked as it was it felt "clean" or sanitized. It should have left you feeling filthy in need of a hot shower, but it didnt do it for me. That being said, it was a great remake, I liked it better than the OG.
ny ghoul Sunday 1/23/2011 at 07:53 PM | 70536
I didn't see it that way at all.

These guys were sadistic and repulve. Especially the various ways they degraded her. Some of the scenes were really uncomfortable to watch. But it wasn't until it was all done,and we see Jennifer stagging in an emotionless daze through the woods, that's when I felt like a turd for watching the scenes that transpired before. I felt dirty as hell. Any other opinions on this topic??
Anonymous Sunday 1/23/2011 at 08:54 PM | 70542
The remake was much more "sanitized" if you will compared to the original. Another example would be LHOTL....I liked the remake and it was brutal enough, but lacked the sleaze and grime of the original.
ny ghoul Monday 1/24/2011 at 05:53 PM | 70603
Maybe years of horror movies have desentized me, but I thought this movie was flat out lame.

I was expecting to be horrified, disgusted, and genuinely irked.

I felt like I was watching the movie, but edited for TV.

That is the only way I can describe it.

So disappointing.

LHOTL was infinitely better, and did the original justice and then some.
BloodAndRibbons Saturday 4/30/2011 at 12:58 AM | 75239
I thought it was beyond poorly executed and even justified. So many better films could have hit the screens instead. This one should have met the Midnight Meat Train chopping block just like "the Strangers" should have. So many piss poor films are hitting the screens while gems hit walmart shelves for ten bucks. Midnight Movie, Laid to Rest, hell I would have paid to see Outlander in theater and left more than satisfied. This one, I'm grateful I didn't pay a cent for. I'd take any other remake to date before this one. Granted I haven't seen the Last House on the Left remake, nor do I intend to. Films like this and Hostel are the reason most of the big name movies kill the chances for decent films to get their proper time. Eli Roth, Stephen Monroe and Brian Bertino need to be removed from behind the camera as it seems to be much too sharp for them.
ironblade87 Monday 6/06/2011 at 07:28 AM | 77161