Forums Trailers and Videos
Supernatural Horror Flick 'THE CALLER' Looks Promising

Some calls are best left unanswered, Aint that the truth. And that's just the case in Matthew Parkhill's latest supernatural horror film entitled, The Caller.

Plot Synops:

Troubled divorcee Mary Kee is tormented by a series of nister phone calls from a mysterious woman. When the stranger reveals she's calling from the past, Mary tries to break off contact. But the caller doesn't like being ignored, and looks for revenge in a unique and terrifying way.

The movie which is written by Sergio Casci and filmed in Puerto Rico was set to star Brittany Murphy who was originally cast as Mary Kee, but for some unknown reason she was let go and later replaced by,Rachelle Lefevre (Twilight saga). Other stars include, Stephen Moyer (True Blood). Luis Guzman, Ed Quinn (House of The Dead 2), and Lorna Raver (Drag Me To Hell)

The Caller looks interesting to say the least, and it kinda reminds me of an old Twilight Zone

episode mixed with When A Stranger Calls. I'll probably give in and watch it once it comes out, and most likely regret it. But I must say the trailer does make it sound and look very proming.

Production is listed as being complete, although a release date has yet to be mentioned.

http://youtu.be/GBO-H9EZW5c
Anonymous Saturday 5/28/2011 at 08:22 PM | 76913
OMG is that.....that looked like.....could it be...AN ORIGINAL PLOT?!!!!

I'm so excited at the thought!
BloodAndRibbons Sunday 5/29/2011 at 02:22 PM | 76935
Very interesting premise and trailer. Actually looks proming.

Not sure if you were joking about some "unknown" reason why Brittany Murphy was replaced. You know she's dead right?
Sephit Monday 5/30/2011 at 03:13 AM | 76954
I know she's dead. The movie was cast before her death.
Anonymous Monday 5/30/2011 at 04:13 PM | 76964