Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Red Hook (2009)

You know it's a bad gn when you've just finished a movie, and already your forgetting it, so I'm going to make this as quick as I can. Red hook is terrible, it's a terrible slasher, it's a terrible movie, and it was a terrible waste of money. That being said, I'm still glad I bought it, we can always learn from bad movies, maybe even more so then from good movies. See where the script is weak, figure out why it didn't work, then don't repeat it. I haven't seen any of the directors other works, so I can't say if she learned or not.

Red Hook is the story of a college student who watched a murder when she was a child, now she's paranoid, and anti-social, off to college on her own for the first time. She ends up in a scavenger hunt, with her new man friend, but he doesn't show. One by one the people involved are killed, and there's always text messages from a "Red Hook"

To say this movie is bad is a understatement. With a bad slasher you normally expect the bad acting, the dumb dialog, ect, but you can still look forward to the kills, you show me something inventive and I'll bite, I'm a easy catch, I know. With Red Hook, most the kills are either off screen, or made ung dollar store effects.

Avoid Red Hook if you can, unless your like me, and you watch to many horror movies, or you like to study them.

Score - 2% Gore - 2/10
HorrorDaily Thursday 6/30/2011 at 01:48 AM | 77879