Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Paranormal Activity 2 (2010)

Better late then never right? It's twenty minutes before midnight, so I still got time for this. Today's film is Paranormal Activity 2, the prequel to the first one. I'm not a big fan of prequels honestly, and this one is no exception. I found it to be too slow, have too many characters and not much substance.

The story in this one, if you can call it that, let's face it this series doesn't have much when it comes to story, follows the Katie's ster's family, as they experience some Paranormal Activity ( see what I did there?). nce I've already talked about the first one, I don't need to explain the difference between Ghosts and Demons, being the same entity from the first one. The main 'story' in this one is about the Demon wanting the family's new born baby Hunter, because if you make a deal with a demon, it goes after the new born.

There's nothing new in this one we haven't seen before, either it be in the first one, or in another movie. This one brings posseson to the table though, much more prominently then the first one, and for it's credit, the posseson bits are quite unnerving, right up until Katie's posseson. As a prequel, it leads up literally to the very start of the first one, and then it skips to after the end of the first.

The ending doesn't really leave anything to be dered, which is weird because the third one is going to be coming out in Oct 2011. As far as the series goes, it's pretty much the same as the first, you have your Paranormal Activity ( twice in one review, I am good), and that's all you really expect.

If you liked the first one, you'll like this one, and you know what to expect. As for me, I found myself wanting a bit more from it, it didn't unnerve me the same way the first one did, and I know I'll sleep fine tonight. Until tomorrow Horror Fans, I leave you with :

Score - 65% Gore - 1/10

PS : I still want to know if the dog is ok :(
HorrorDaily Friday 7/01/2011 at 03:50 AM | 77936