Forums Horror Movie Reviews
The Exorcism of Emily Rose (2005) - Guest Review by Star

Hey guys, I'm Star, Zack's fiance. He's been having a really shitty fastpaced day and did not have the time today to do his review in the Final Destination series of reviews that he is currently working on. Instead, I'm just going to do a filler quick review to give his lovely readers something new to read, (though it's probably not going to be that good, mind you) until he is back and ready to go.

The Exorcism of Emily Rose in a nutshell: Priest Father Moore is jailed for the death of Emily Rose, an average college student. She started showing violent behavior, and she was put on medication for what the doctors believed was a psychological disorder. Father Moore advised her to stop taking the medication, and began performing exorcism rituals on her, as her parents believed she was possessed by a demon. She passed away during the exorcism, and he was charged for the murder of the girl.

Father Moore, in jail, consults his lawyer Erin Bruner, for asstance with getting him out of jail and becoming a free man once again. In the courtroom it becomes a heated debate between faith and science, and you'll have to watch the film for the result, of course.

I really enjoyed this film, especially how it showed what had happened with Emily, and also the results of what had happened within the court. It portrayed how close-minded a human can be when it comes to supernatural phenomena, but also how many doors it can open once a person opens their mind, not even to believing that it is really happening, but allowing it to be a posbility. I don't really have any complaints on the film, but then again I am not a horror/psychological thriller buff at all, but for anyone I can say this is worth giving it a watch, if you are into the thriller de of the movie world or not. Thanks a lot guys, I give it a 95% score, you may agree or disagree with me, but I really enjoyed this film.

Score - 95% Gore - 1/10

http://youtu.be/lSy7DldFdUI
HorrorDaily Tuesday 7/05/2011 at 03:49 AM | 78048