Forums Horror Movie Reviews
April Fool's Day (2008)

I love remakes, just the way they take a movie that was only known because if it's twist, and makes a modern re-telling. Nothing like knowing how a movie end's before hand, Bruce was dead this whole time, if you know what I mean.

It's also great to see how the spirit of the original isn't in the remake, just the idea of more money. With that said, let's jump right into it.

At an April Fool's party one of the tricks goes deadly, and we get one less annoying cast member to worry about. Of course, no one tells the press or police or even each other, who did it, and that leaves us with a great mystery to find out! No not really, we all know who did it, but that doesn't stop an anonymous writer to lead our crew of friends, and not so friendly, spoiled rich kids on a hunt to figure out who is sending them. Doesn't help that the more they look into things, the more people get killed off.

The gore in this movie might look good while it's on screen, but if you know anything about the original, you don't really care about it. I guess there's no helping dropping the spoiler in this one, but you should already know it. It was all a prank, every death (except the one at the party), the letters, etc. It was all a big set up to get the person responble to confess.

While this is a pretty bad remake, the characters are annoying, and the writing is pretty weak, it almost saves it's self in the end of the last act, adding one new twist, which at least for me, made me not mind I watched it. One gem in a pile of shit is better then none.

Score - 38% Gore - 3/10
HorrorDaily Monday 7/11/2011 at 08:57 PM | 78267
Jesus, they remade this too?! Lame, man. Really. What does it take to get an original concept these days?
dew Tuesday 8/02/2011 at 09:52 PM | 79789