Forums Horror Movie Reviews
ED GEIN: The Butcher of Plainfeild Review

I just got ED GEIN on DVD from Newbury comics. Gein, the infamous killer who inspired Leatherface, Norman Bated and Jame "Buffalo Bill" Gumb, is played by horror legend KANE HODDER. Hodder gave a great performance as the skin harvesting psycho, and was extremely creepy in the role. The acting was okay, but the gore and Special FX were awesome! There are many disturbing scenes, most of them involving Gein's barn/ "workroom", where he chops up his victims and dead bodies stolen from a graveyard. I wish that the movie had gone into more detail about Gein's mother and his backstory, instead of just telling us as much as the main character had heard (which isn't much)... Also, I think that they should have used Gein's "costume" more, because all th film really showed was his mask made of skin. All in all it is a good slasher film, and Kane Hodder is awesome as Ed Gein.

Kidtut Tuesday 7/12/2011 at 09:42 PM | 78383
... But, I will admit, he looks absolutely nothing like the real Gein... A better actor would have been Robert Englund, if they wanted a horror icon...
Kidtut Saturday 7/16/2011 at 08:05 PM | 78800