Forums Horror Movie Reviews
WIND CHILL freezes half way through - Review

I had seen trailers for Wind Chill pop up quite a bit nce I started doing this, and it looked good. It looked like a good ghost story with the twist that the person she was with was her stalker. But this movie made a few mistakes in it's marketing, and lost impact because of it.

We follow around Emily Blunt who plays 'girl', as she ride shares with the creepy ' guy' who seems to know just a little too much about her. I like this aspect of the story quite a bit. The guy is creepy, always just saying a little too much about her, just little slips as if he knows her, even though they are strangers. This is the first forty or so minutes, and the strongest part of the movie.Then we go into the ghost story part. They crash the car, and we start to get frights from ghosts, and there's even a cop ghost that comes when a certain song plays on the radio. This lasts til the end of the movie, and I think it is where the movie just takes a dive for the worse. The cop ghost as a villain isn't scary, and the whole ghost story de is quite predictable.

The trailer make the 'guy' seem like much more of a threat in the movie. But they end up starting to have feelings for each other, even having him raise to the occaon as a ghost to save her in the end. Trust me, it's only spoilers if you didn't see it coming ten miles before hand.

This one has weak special effects, the characters aren't very likable, and the story is pretty predictable. I wish I could recommend it, nce I wanted to like it, but it just didn't pull it together.Score - 60% Gore - 1/10
HorrorDaily Sunday 7/24/2011 at 02:33 PM | 79216