Forums Trailers and Videos
More Survival Horror Coming Our Way: Take A Look At The First Teaser For 'Canyon Road'

. Water ring. Rescue uncertain. - Can they survive?"

Canyon Road is written and directed by both Calix Reneau and Jennifer Still. Currently the movie which stars Ivan Lovegren and Roxanne Jaeckel is in post-production, with a release date tentatively scheduled for the spring of 2012. Stay tuned for more, in the meantime check out the teaser trailer below which looks to be very proming.

http://youtu.be/mALam1ckuHw

For more vit the Canyon Road Facebook Page.
Anonymous Saturday 7/30/2011 at 11:38 PM | 79604
@Brian,

Could you give me an example of what some other "survival horror" films are? preferably ones that you enjoyed.
AgnesItsMeBilly Sunday 7/31/2011 at 02:22 AM | 79610
Frozen, Buried, Open Water 1 & 2, Ravenous, Saw, 127 hours (although that's not horror) Vacancy, the Strangers, Devil, the Hole, Triangle, Hunger just to name a few.

Frozen is really good, so is the Hole and Triangle. Most of the others you probably already know about. Hunger was so-so.
Anonymous Sunday 7/31/2011 at 02:41 AM | 79611
Frozen, Buried, Open Water 1 & 2, Ravenous, Saw, 127 hours (although that's not horror) Vacancy, the Strangers, Devil, the Hole, Triangle, Hunger just to name a few.

Frozen is really good, so is the Hole and Triangle. Most of the others you probably already know about. Hunger was so-so. Cheers! I'm actually surprised at how many of those i've seen. At first i didn't even know what the survival horror sub-genre was. I REALLY liked Frozen. Its my favorite film from Adam Green. I also liked Open Water and i'm surprised at how many people thought it was boring. The acting was believable and i'm generally scared of the ocean.. I guess i'm a fan of survival horror and didn't even know it.

Its funny you mentioned 127 Hours. I even had a conversation with a co-worker about this. I think there are some horror elements in there. For instance, just the THOUGHT of that guy's tuation is horrifying, being put in his shoes for 90 minutes is somewhat of an emotional journey, and it isn't pleasant. Then you have the scenes where he's alone at night and thinks something/someone is behind him. The scene where he's finally nuts and is having a talk show in his head - totally creepy. Scooby Doo - totally creepy.

Then you gotta think about how many times in horror we've seen somebody's limb/s get cut off - has it ever been as brutal or realistic as it was in 127 Hours? i don't think so.
AgnesItsMeBilly Sunday 7/31/2011 at 06:14 AM | 79626