Forums Horror Movie Reviews
So bad, it's good! "METAMORPHOSIS: THE ALIEN FACTOR" : Review

I like bad movies, which will leave many of you asking why I give harsh ratings. The thing is, I like bad movies that know they are bad. When a movie like I Still Know What You Did Last Summer, or Orphan comes around, I am harder on them, because of the let down. When I go into a movie, knowing it's going to be bad, I tend to go in with the mindset of shutting my brain off, and enjoying the unintentional comedy. That said,

today's film was hilarious.

The first half of the movie follows evil Donald Trump, as he gets a scientist to tell the story, via flashbacks, to his two thugs for hire. She worked with Foster, her lover, doing test on animals infected with a space virus. Foster has the misfortune of being bitten, and turning into a big bad ass mutant. He kills a doctor and a security guard and escapes to run amok through out the building. The security guard's daughter and boyfriend decide to break into the labs, to find her dad, and her little ster sneaks in as well. This leads us on a poorly acted chase for the next forty minutes.

The acting in this film is horrible, in the truest sense of the word. Every line is delivered as if the character speaking was on Valium, or acting in a spoof like Meet The Spartans. While in many movies this would be a downde, here it's one of the main reasons to watch the film. Evil Donald Trump, as I like the call the evil head of the labs, makes every scene he's in pure comedy gold.

The dialog is also poorly written, leading to many ball busting laughs.

Where the movie lacks in acting, it makes up for in special effects. When it comes to b-horror, special effects are almost always lacking. Here, we are greeted with some great gore effects, such as pouring acid on a mutant bite, near the beginning, to the absolutely awesome metamorphos the title tells us about. The creature effects are quite fun too, there is some very odd degn choices, that make Foster a monster to remember. Some of the kills are lacking though, with most the money put into the creature, we get some cheap blood, and some cut away kills, which would of been a blast to see. But every now and then we get to see heads being bitten and picked up, but no where near as well done as that death in The Thing.

I don't know what to say about this one, I had a blast watching it, even though so much is wrong, it just comes together to make it a fun time, a movie well deserving of a drinking game.

Score - 60% Gore - 9/10 http://youtu.be/uVLfeZPkoLY
HorrorDaily Friday 9/02/2011 at 09:54 PM | 82094
I saw this movie a few months back and wanted to like it but I just couldn't. I think I expected more from this, plus I went in expecting the practical effects to be better than they actually were. On top of all that I just found that the film dragged and took a while to get into the fun stuff.
Zombie Dude Saturday 9/03/2011 at 05:41 AM | 82113