Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Welcome To The " FAMILY" - A "Masters Of Horror" Review

The Masters Of Horror series is best explained as a modern day Tales From The Crypt, and just like Tales, the episodes are either hit or miss. Episodes like ” The Damned Thing” are unbearably hard to watch, and others, such as Family, border on genius.Harold is your average bachelor getting up there in years, cooking, cleaning, and murder people for their skeletons. Just like grandpa, Harold hears voices and think people are saying completely different

things to him when they speak, asking him to make them a part of his Family, and to save them. Saving them implies an acid bath, and some assembly required.When the new couple in town, Ceila and David, drunkenly drive their car into his mailbox, they come over to apologize, and quickly are welcomed as friends. As they grow together in friendship, so does Harold’s deluonal sexually obseson with Ceila, until it climaxes at the end. See what I did there? From the start I was sure I knew how the episode was going to end, but the last quarter really had me second guesng myself, and for that I’m glad. It still went the way I thought it was going to, but I wasn’t expecting it when it got to it.

This one is directed by John Landis, of American Werewolf In London, and is handled perfectly. Some really tight editing in some of the gory parts, really makes for a fun watch. The acid bath scenes are quite gruesome, but still hold quite a bit of campy charm, which helps make the whole experience a fun, yet morbid time.

Score – 85% Gore

- 7/10
HorrorDaily Thursday 12/29/2011 at 01:56 AM | 88719
SOOOO glad to see you back posting Zach, we've missed ya here! Just taking about you the other day. Hope to see more and more of your reviews in the future!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 12/29/2011 at 02:49 AM | 88722
2012 resolution was to bring it back :p, and I plan to stick with it.
HorrorDaily Thursday 12/29/2011 at 02:51 AM | 88723
Agreed!

I missed the hell outta your reviews!

I luv them, keep them comin in 2012

Disturbed_voices Thursday 12/29/2011 at 03:00 AM | 88726
Great review...I quite liked this episode myself, but my favorite MOH is still Homecoming.

Ditto with everyone else; it's awesome to see you writing again. Now you can finish that Maniac review we were talking about ;)
ObscureCinema101 Thursday 12/29/2011 at 05:03 AM | 88731
I have to agree with you about Homecoming. I've only seen the first season though, that's why I'm watching the second now.
HorrorDaily Thursday 12/29/2011 at 10:07 AM | 88741
Holy crap, Zack is back? How the hell have you been bro? We missed reading your reviews here on the 'Bid. I'm hoping that we see 'Monster Mondays' make it's return!
Anonymous Thursday 12/29/2011 at 10:21 PM | 88761
Monster Mondays, Left on the cutting room floor, and some more that I've been thinking about.

And to answer your question. I've been more busy in the last few months, than I've been in the last twenty years, and while I'm still busy, I managed to get into a schedule where I can focus on my love, you guys, as well as my work.
HorrorDaily Friday 12/30/2011 at 12:46 AM | 88766