Forums Trailers and Videos
Darren Lynch's Film 'Ouija' Expected To Be Released In October

Looks like we can expect to see some more supernatural goodness coming to us in 2012 in the form of a Ouija board. Having messed with Ouija boards through various stages of my life, I can tell you I've had quite a few experiences that were just a wee bit freaky. So anytime a movie comes out that's based on my favorite "game" from Hasbro - I'm in!!

mply titled Ouija, the upcoming film from the UK is written and directed by filmmaker Darren Lynch centers around 9 friends who go out for night in the woods, drinking and smoking. One of them decides to bring along the ouija board, summoning a demon which then begins to stalk the camp killing them one by one.

"Ouija is something different than any other horror, firstly their isnt a film about an ouija board that has ever been a huge success" says director Lynch. "Until now. This film has everything a horror fanatic is looking for. Scare factors, gore, lots of jumpy bits and of course ... a great story line. I was inspired by the Ouija board to write this story I have done a few in my time never come across anything spooky. But I have been told not to mess with the arts of Ouija so I wrote this story in other peoples eyes, how they have come across evil on the board."

Lynch continues, "We have finished filming now after a hardworking 5 weeks and the film is now gone into post production. The film is looking really good. We have been filming in a woods around the area of Shelton Lock in Derby. I am aiming for cinema release on this one for release next Halloween."

Jesca Gaucher-Thompson, Conner Lynch, Ekua Ghansah, Mark Heap and Roxy Freeman in the indie flick.

Check out the some early artwork for the film, and hit us up if you have any crazy experiences with the Ouija board that you'd like to share in the comments section below.

Source: DC
Anonymous Saturday 12/31/2011 at 09:39 PM | 88834
I love anything to do with Ouija or spirit boards, so on the face of it this looks interesting, particularly with such an easy, uncomplicated plot. That being said, maybe it's a little TOO uncomplicated; the premise seems a little done to death (no pun intended) and honestly I think I've even written this same story myself a half dozen times.

Also, if that's meant to be the promo poster, they need to fire their graphic degner fast. That's almost a Disney font, ffs.
dew Friday 1/06/2012 at 11:23 PM | 89053