Forums Horror Movie Reviews
"Wicked, Wicked" Twice The Tension! Twice The Terror! (1973) REVIEW

I'd like to take the opportunity to talk about a movie that some of you may have already heard of.

I had the pleasure of watching the 1973 film Wicked, Wicked on TCM a couple months ago late at night, by myself. And boy, did I love it. Wicked, Wicked is about a masked killer who stalks and kills blonde women at a California hotel (the beautiful Hotel del Coronado). About 99% of the movie is presented in "Duo-Vion," which is just a fancy term for split-screen.

The film's leading lady, Lisa James (played by Tiffany Bolling), is a lounge nger staying in the hotel who soon becomes the killer's next target. Let me just warn you right now: Tiffany Bolling vocals the film's title song about halfway into the movie, and it will be stuck in your head for days.

Occaonally, an elderly organist will play the muc that serves as a score for the more suspenseful moments. She doesn't interact with any of the characters, nor does she add to the story in any way. She is mply there to supply muc for what is happening on the other de of the screen.

I don't know what's so special about Wicked, Wicked; the story isn't that original and the acting isn't anything special. But there's a slight campiness to it that makes it fun to watch. To be honest, I'm surprised this movie doesn't have a larger following. Sadly, it was never released on DVD and I don't think it ever will be. If you can hunt down a copy, I'd strongly suggest giving it a shot. Just don't expect a Hitchcockian masterpiece.

*I would advise against watching the official trailer because I think it reveals too much.*

8/10.

Here's a link to the TCM page for the film, where you can vote for its release on DVD! http://www.tcm.com/tcmdb/title/2633/Wicked-Wicked/#

I've created a fanpage for it on Facebook if you care to joinhttp://www.facebook.com/pages/Thats-The-Ticket-The-Wicked-Wicked-Cult-Following/203649179725928
legal_assassin Monday 1/23/2012 at 10:29 PM | 89839