Forums Horror Movie Reviews
"The Baby" (1973)...A Definite WTF Film

Every so often a movie comes along that just leaves you thinking "WTF".

Available now on Netflix instant, this is a movie you should go out of your way to see. I learned about this from a friend who was cleaning up his DVD library. I'm normally not one for impulse buys, but after seeing the poster & reading the synops on IMDB, I had to see this flick.

"A social worker who recently lost her husband investigates the strange Wadsworth family. The Wadsworths might not seem too unusual to hear about them at first - consting of the mother, two grown daughters and the diaper-clad, bottle-sucking baby. The problem is, the baby is twenty-one years old."

Further investigation of this movie led to the discovery of the trailer, which had me laughing like the Joker while I was on break at work.

http://youtu.be/sAb3J7WONhE

If the synops & trailer aren't enough to sell you on this, I'm not sure what is. As crazy as the trailer is, it has NOTHING on the actual film. It's a fun ride that gets weirder and weirder as the movie progresses. And just when you think you have it figured out, "The Baby" dishes out an ending that must be seen to be believed. My jaw hung open for a few minutes as it unfolded; that's no exaggeration.

If you're looking for a fun way to kill 90 minutes, this movie is definitely for you. So warm yourself up a glass of milk, put on your onee, & prepare to learn the horrifying secret of "The Baby".
CZW_CJBecker Friday 2/03/2012 at 12:04 AM | 90120