Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Superheroes Minus The Spandex. My "Chronicle" Review

O.K. I went into this movie expecting a Twilight veron of superheroes. But I was really pleasantley suprised with what I got.

Director Josh Trank and writer Matt Landis really deliver in this movie. What we get is really a great Anti-hero story. When Andrew, Matt and Steve discover a mysterious object in the woods outde Seattle they start developing telekines. It all starts off with fun and games with them ung the powers just to commit pranks. Andrew is the loner of the group who is abused by his father at home while his mother is bed ridden. He becomes the focal point of the story. The movie really becomes a Chronicle of his unraveling. Of course in the end this leads to conflict with his friends. The final battle scene in the movie pulls no punches as the boys battle it out.

The thing the movie does best is pull you into the feeling of amazement the young men are having as they discover their new found powers. What

it does worst is use to many different cameras and winds up getting held hostage by the found footage limitations. But all in all the movie is awesome 4 out 5 stars.

http://youtu.be/n3yOTVNQO68
cauwel3 Friday 2/03/2012 at 10:20 PM | 90144
Nice review. I was kind of on the fence about this one. But maybe I'll go see it after all.
Jonny Sicko Saturday 2/04/2012 at 04:16 AM | 90159
watched the pre release at the cinemas last thursday :) thought it was a pretty decent movie
darkbladeclan Saturday 2/04/2012 at 10:58 PM | 90178
I might wait for it to come out on Blu.
TheyCallMeGhostface Sunday 2/05/2012 at 08:43 PM | 90201