Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Want to listen to hard rock while people get ran over by Machines? MAXIMUM OVERDRIVE!!

If you were a young kid in the 80s you knew two things.....One was that Ninja Turtles were cool, and stuff being blown up, and Steamrollers running over people was AWESOME!! This film came out in 1987 and was the first film that Icon horror writer Stephen King Directed. The story is mple, a commit passes close to earth with it some kind of magnetic field that gives life to all machines. A group is held captive by a bunch of bloodthrusty big rigs at a truck stop, and an unlikely pair is a pair of newly weds that are on the road while most of this is going on, If all machines have a life of there own wouldn't the car they are driving have a mind of its own as well? But it doesnt happen....That's one of the many fall backs of the film....The next thing that gets old fast is this insane muc that starts every time some one is about to die.....If it didn't have these two flaws it would have been a better movie. All in all i give it an 8 and a half out of ten. It is well worth a watch, the soundtrack is awesome all done by AC/DC. Story line is good as well but what do you exspect from Stephen King? The acting is okay, not the best i have seen.

But if you enjoy trucks/ cars/ bulldozers getting blown up or people getting run down and flattend this film is for you!!
Chainsaw27 Saturday 2/04/2012 at 06:57 PM | 90175
I remember seeing this film and I love it.

I also remember that Yeardly Smith i think her name is, she does the voice of Lisa mpson in The mpsons, was the wife of the couple you mentioned and I just couldn't stop laughing as she went on

a swearing spree.

Hearing Lisa mpson swear is funny stuff.

Emilio Estevez and Pat Hingle were very good in this film.

Some of the dialogue was kind of stupid but when you have a monster of a semi truck with the face of the Green Goblin from Spider-Man mounted on the front you are forgiven.

This was the movie that got me hooked on AC/DC.I really need to rewatch this film.

Awesome review!
JohnCarpenterfan Saturday 2/04/2012 at 09:20 PM | 90177
Thank you...I am Glad you enjoyed it :)
Chainsaw27 Saturday 2/04/2012 at 11:05 PM | 90179