Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Was It Really That Scary? THE WOMAN IN BLACK (Video Review)

I saw this the other day and I just didn't really think it was scary, I didn't think it was horrible either. However, the reviews I watched and the reviewers kept going on how scary it was. Was it really that scary or am I misng something? Rob Delamorte of Delamorte's Dungeon of Deadly Delights stated that maybe I missed the point of it. It was supposed to be like the old Hammer movies. WHat did you Bidites think? My video review is below, enjoy!

cauwel3 Wednesday 2/08/2012 at 05:50 AM | 90267
It had it's moments of creepiness, but it was far from scary.

However I can see why many claim it to be scary. Speaking for myself here, I just don't get scared anymore from movies. I find some things creepy but never scared like when I was younger. It just comes from years of watching horror and getting numb to it.

It was a very slow paced up and down sort of movie. I almost literally fell asleep while watching it until the good stuff started happening. I was just genuinely not interested in the characters at all until all the good stuff started happening.

I have to say tho I did enjoy the movie overall, it was something fresh and a nice little twist of a ghost story.
haloboyvash Thursday 2/09/2012 at 11:18 AM | 90325