Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Ti West's The House of the Devil Movie Review

Due to me being under the weather right now with a bad cold, I decided to watch another lovely horror movie called The House of the Devil, directed, edited, and written by Ti West. I must give mad props to Ti West for making this film look like a clasc 70's horror film; I am loving how he is bringing back this clasc horror look in his films. The House of the Devil is a film that will not disappoint if you love the clasc horror movies with a little more blood.

Plot Synops from IMDB.com: In the 1980s, college student Samantha Hughes takes a strange babytting job that coincides with a full lunar eclipse. She slowly realizes her clients harbor a terrifying secret; they plan to use her in a satanic ritual.

Seems like a mple story line right? Well, you get more than you bargain for with this film. You will get a lovely balance of shocks, terror, and blood. This movie is a true modern day clasc done very well. I loved the cinematography done by Eliot Rockett. The framing of the shots and the angles were magical! Overall I just loved this movie; however, I must point out one of my biggest pet peeves when it comes to movies... continuity. There is a series of scenes where we see a girl wearing a white dress covered in blood, but the amount of blood on the dress becomes more and less between shots.

Overall I will give this movie a solid 9 out of 10. I must say I am now a fan of Ti West! :)

http://youtu.be/6SOur3WwZvM
BloodyAdored Monday 2/20/2012 at 06:04 AM | 90659