Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Night of the Living Dead 3D: Reanimation Review

So I own the first film Night of the Living Dead 3D on DVD. I bought it without seeing it. Not a BAD movie, not great, just decent in my opinion. Very glad it had d Haig in it. Other than that, let's start the review:

Night of the Living Dead 3D: Reanimation

First problem of mine, Gerald Tover Jr. is d Haig in the first. In this prequel it's Andrew Divoff. I'm sorry to say but Divoff is NOT d. If they couldn't have gotten d, the movie should not have been made. In my opinion, d Haig is the only reason why I watched the first movie, heard about this lenng without Haig, lost interest, yet I held on and watched.

Divoff is a good actor, he made light out of a horrible script and horrible acting out of everyone else. Although i felt the acting was believable if you are into pot-smoking half-assed comedies. I for one indulge myself from time to time in the genre. However Divoff played the character very dull and inactive. His brother

It's interesting that they mention "shamblers or sprinters"

... "Romero zombies...." so it kind of hints that in this zombie universe, our zombie movies are well known. That is an intersting twist. From my knowledge its the first film that recognizes modern cinema and the existence of different zombie types. And the mention of all major zombie outbreaks in movies definitely tried to make this movie interesting...but everything else made it horrid. If this was done in a different movie with a budget and good actors i'd appreciate it more.

Altogether the acting wasn't so bad. It was spotty here and there. Not great not horrible, just so so. Makeup effects were good; As a makeup fx artist i would have to say that i have seen worse and better, but budget always dictates. CGI was implemented decently, again, not good or great. I wouldn't say poorly either. Plot stayed with what was mention in NotLD3D ... again i wish d Haig was abound for it.

Not to shabby, range of 0-5 I would give it a 2 and 3/4.The addition of a female necrophiliac is also interesting. Btw she's cute and should have no problems getting a living member.
stephens540 Sunday 3/18/2012 at 03:58 AM | 91528
I rate this film 1/10 shockingly badly written condering it's pretty much ripped the story line from return of the living dead and still made a mess of it. The SFX couldn't be much worse , cheap cgi and poor blue screening ung a cheap HD Camera, The acting and script are just as bad except Andrew Divoff who does what he can unlike Jeffery Combs who obviously knew this wasn't gonna be any good and so didn't bother trying , leaving the worst job of his career. Avoid this film, Don't be fooled by the night of the living dead name or the re-animation sub. An offense to two Genre clascs
krsdacritter Sunday 3/18/2012 at 10:57 AM | 91537
So I own the first film Night of the Living Dead 3D on DVD. I bought it without seeing it. Not a BAD movie, not great, just decent in my opinion.

I'm not gonna lie, you lost me right HERE. NOTLD3D is not only bad, it's horrifically bad. Arguably one of if not THE worst 'undead' film I've ever seen. The disc was given to me, and I can't even give the damn thing away to anybody lol.
Matt_Molgaard Sunday 3/18/2012 at 05:44 PM | 91547
@Matt ill keep that in mind for the next review. i really didnt think it was THAT terrible...
stephens540 Monday 3/19/2012 at 02:17 AM | 91557
@Matt ill keep that in mind for the next review. i really didnt think it was THAT terrible...

You're quite literally, the only person (face to face, via phone, internet etc) I've EVER seen that didn't feel this was a steaming pile of shit with zero redeemable qualities. Now, obviously we're all entitled to our own opinions, and I respect the thoughts of fans around the globe, but that doesn't mean I can understand how you didn't feel this one was terrible... lol (having TRIED to rewatch it not too long ago, the taste of disgust is still strong in my mouth)

the flick was repulve, and about as close to intolerable as posble.

Although, i admit, if you felt that flick wasn't terrible, I'm honestly DYING to know what you conder a genuinely horrible genre flick is. You gotta share some of your "worst" picks, because now I NEED to know lol
Matt_Molgaard Wednesday 3/21/2012 at 03:30 AM | 91600