Forums The Skeleton Crew
The Skeleton Crew #11: The 12 Days Of Friday The 13th- Freddy vs Jason (2003)

HorrorBids The Skeleton Crew: 12 Days Of Friday The 13th- Freddy Vs. Jason 2003

TheSkeletonCrew Thursday 4/12/2012 at 09:14 PM | 92405
Hey, asshole! Up here! LOL! Great line in the movie, loved the reference constantly to it! This is the show that I felt you guys really hit your stride with the entertainment. I loved it when you Alex kept saying things like I just wish the fight scenes were more realistic, I wish Jason didn't throw Freddy 50 feet because its not real and then in the next breath you'd be like, this is a movie about a guy who's came back from the dead like 8 times. Perfect, lol! Loved it! Literally crying I was laughing so hard.

A couple of other points. I always heard that they didn't cast Kane Hodder as Jason mply because of his height. Robert Englund is 5'9" and Kane Hodder is only around 6'2" where as Ken Kirzinger is nearly 6'6" and they put him in elevated shoes making him just a monster. Now I agree totally that Kane needed to play Jason but I think the studio wanted the fight scene to look really drastic and not have two men that were milar in ze.

Another brilliant part of the show is when Mike thought for some reason that Dan was having sex during one of the brutal deaths in the movie! Priceless Michael J. right there. I love you Mike for loving everything that Dan and Alex just hate. Way to stick your ground brother.

Jason's look in this movie in my opinion is the worst (sorry Dan) and Alex I totally agree with the Mighty Duck statement about part 10, I've always just hated that look. I take back the statement I just made, I like the part 10 look the least. Especially uber Jason, awful in my opinion again. I still hold that as far as zombie Jason, part 9 is badass. You just can't look more menacing to me. Part 3 is my overall favorite however next to sack head.

Kudos on the countdown, I've really enjoyed it and know that others have as well. Keep it up, can't wait for later today. Happy Friday the 13th!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 4/13/2012 at 07:43 AM | 92421
Thanks a lot Justin! We really appreciate the kind words, really glad you thought it was a solid show! I know we all had a lot of fun with it and when we have the most fun it seems like people pick up on that and in turn like it more than others. Funny how that works, they must have hated episode 9 then LMAO

Yes I swear Michael J's intentions are to mply disagree with everything I say no matter what he truly believes (although he'd never admit that). I'm gonna start praing Dr. Loomis on every show and see if he still keeps up his shtick. Thanks again bro!
TheSkeletonCrew Friday 4/13/2012 at 09:33 AM | 92423
Def one of my fav shows also. And whats with this mike character not liking well endowed women?
indygogo Friday 4/13/2012 at 10:47 AM | 92425
thanks man, I have no idea what Mike doesnt like about a full rack on a chick. Oddly he admits to liking Willa Fords ze in the next episode.

TheSkeletonCrew Friday 4/13/2012 at 05:18 PM | 92430
I'm really digging these shows but I don't think Michael would be too pleased with me

Disturbed_voices Friday 4/13/2012 at 06:22 PM | 92432
Thanks everyone! We really appreciate everyone taking the time to listen to us. Willa Ford is amazing in the remake! I don't hate well endowed women, just prefer smaller. If you've got a good personality that's really all that matters in my book. :)

I will disagree with Alex on everything he says, that's my job!

LoomisLives2010 Friday 4/13/2012 at 07:27 PM | 92435
I totally agree with you about Jason not coming off like he does in the other movies. And the chick that used to ng with Beyonce is awful in this movie. Mike at least your man enough to stand up and say you like flapjacks. I don't understand you but whatever dude. lol
BIGKen Friday 4/13/2012 at 08:24 PM | 92436
very funny and entertaining as always I agree with WTF? Jasons scared of water? and Freddy can beat him up in the real world?I mean Freddy is usually pretty weak in the real world and Jason can have pretty much anything hit him and not even flinch,punch a guys head off with his bare hands etc so how they made Freddy still better in the real world I dont know

haha the 'hey ass hole' quote always reminds me of shrek or someone like that,

to me it doesnt even sound like Robert.

the only part I didnt like about this episode is the fact I know theres only one more episode left now

oh and as you guys said this film was more of a freddy film, but what do you think it would have been like if had taken place at crystal lake more than elm st. and more like the friday 13th movies?I think they should do that in the sequel and posbly throw in Michael Myers, to be honest I always wanted to see him face Jason rather than Freddy because the two are so milar strength,stealth,endurance,speed and weapon wise plus theyre both real world people so it would be cool to see the two stalk the same victim at the same time.
darkbladeclan Friday 4/13/2012 at 10:41 PM | 92439
Yea, Ken... Michael J likes those pancakers. I will never understand it. the only part I didnt like about this episode is the fact I know theres only one more episode left now Thanks man we appreciate that! There's a whole regular show to stay though. We already did an interview with Adam Green. We got a few more lined up! Plus plenty of segments in mind for a good time. Yes there's only 1 more Jason episode. But many more Skeleton bones to pick through.

TheSkeletonCrew Friday 4/13/2012 at 10:56 PM | 92440
Thanks man we appreciate that! There's a whole regular show to stay though. We already did an interview with Adam Green. We got a few more lined up! Plus plenty of segments in mind for a good time. Yes there's only 1 more Jason episode. But many more Skeleton bones to pick through.I look forward to it

:)
darkbladeclan Friday 4/13/2012 at 10:59 PM | 92441