Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Who Was This Made For? GHOSTRIDERS (1987) Review

Don’t you just love genre-blenders? It almost always feels like a weird science experiment that could either go horribly right or horribly wrong. The balance of horror and comedy has already been proven to work if placed in the right hands (Shaun of the Dead), and action and horror also work very well together (Maniac Cop). Heck, even something as drastic as a horror/mucal/comedy/romance has been pulled off with remarkable success before (Phantom of the Paradise)! But what about a horror/Western? Gold had already been struck in that field with the fantastic Ghost Town in 1988, so shouldn’t this be able to work again? Let’s see.

Ghostriders 1987 Review NEVER before in my whole experience in film-watching have I been THIS insulted by a movie. Sorry to just come right out with my opinion, but I HATE this movie with every inch of my heart. Before this, I always believed that Backwoods was the worst movie of the glorious ‘80s. Then this came along like a homing misle filled with excrement and aimed right at my head. And it hit me. Hard. To me, the perfect genre-blender is one you can show to fans of one genre and they love it, then show to fans of the other genre and they love it too. Ghostriders fails miserably as a Western, and fails even more miserably as a horror movie. http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc445/ObscureCinema101/vlcsnap-2012-07-03-21h07m26s215. First off, it’s not a badly made movie. The acting is all at least competent and the camerawork is alright, but everything else…forget it. The main problem with Ghostriders is that it is BORING. The movie is excruciatingly dull, filled with zero-suspense, zero-gore, zero-thrills, zero-EVERYTHING. The biggest problem is them setting it completely in the woods. Maybe if the “ghost riders” had invaded the actual small town, I wouldn’t be ranting on about this. But no. The entire film is comprised of the main characters (who are all flat, uninteresting, and unlikable) running around the woods, with the occaonal shoot-out. http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc445/ObscureCinema101/vlcsnap-2012-07-03-21h01m20s132. Looking for an action movie? Here’s what you get as far as action goes: the ghost riders fire at them. They hide behind a tree and fire back. The ghost riders fire back. The people fire back. They hit a ghost rider. The ghost riders fire back. The people fire back. The people run away. That is literally all you’re getting. Over. And over. And over. Like I said, there’s no suspense, the characters might as well have been cardboard standees, and there’s ONE, count ‘em, ONE exploon. And it’s a relatively small one. http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc445/ObscureCinema101/vlcsnap-2012-07-03-21h08m56s86. Looking for a horror movie? Forget that, too! Maybe if the ghost riders’ faces were all decayed, I could give this film some points for cool antagonists. Nope! Not here! They’re just people with beards. There’s no gore at all (we see a little bit of the red stuff when people get shot, though), the deaths are all the same and uninteresting, and did I mention there’s no suspense to be found anywhere? Oh, and you must be thinking, “Well, I’ll bet this has a great climax!” No. It doesn’t. I won’t spoil it, but one character rigs up a booby trap that sounds like it’s going to be AMAZING, and then it doesn’t work. Then I was thinking, “It’ll work at the last second!” It doesn’t, and just to add onto THAT insult, the way it does end is predictable and horrible. Of course, what did I expect? http://i1212.photobucket.com/albums/cc445/ObscureCinema101/vlcsnap-2012-07-03-21h06m53s134. Ghostriders isn’t just a bad movie. It’s a bad movie that spits in your face and shoots your puppy. It frustrates you to no end and constantly taunts you with something better, then backs out at the last moment. In the end, I don’t know who the target audience for this is at all, and I don’t think the movie knows either. It throws (no, make that “lightly under-hands”) stuff at the wall and sees what sticks, and in the end, nothing does. It has the potential to be an action-packed thrill ride, a scary, suspenseful movie, or at least a “so-bad-it’s-good” adventure, and doesn’t do any of those, instead choong to walk safely down the middle line of blandness. Thankfully, this one’s never been released on DVD and redes in well-deserved limbo on VHS. Let’s hope no one digs this one up.

The Verdict: Ghostriders is a beyond-boring, listless task that will make you want to throw yourself out a window (I’m not joking; while watching it, I really did feel like jumping out a window because that’s at least exciting). Avoid at all costs.

Score: 2/10 (because it’s at least competently made).
ObscureCinema101 Friday 7/06/2012 at 06:38 PM | 94451
Thanks for your honesty on GhostRiders. I am sure not to see it.
jorgea Saturday 7/07/2012 at 03:08 PM | 94469
5 Newbie Red Bottom Shoes Suggestions for Setting up An Audio Box Collection

Audio packing containers, as every one of us know them correct now are about Red Bottom Sneakers no less than taking into conderation the complete during the 18th century. The best artisans in Europe made them and brought tunes into family members homes when there were really no other sorts of tunes satisfaction for redences. Tunes containers carried out the popular new songs of their christian louboutin shoes day; tracks in the opera, standard tracks, and hymns. mply thanks to their unique historical past as well as other reasons, gathering audio bins could be a pastime substantially Red Bottom Shoes loved for audio

box and a few antique collectors. Some collectors like accumulating audio packing containers like antique tunes containers, inlaid songs bins, ballerina

songs bins, and carousel audio packing containers. For all people that are presently attempting to start out amasng, listed here are 5 solutions to asst in this technique.#1 Create a selection on mply how much you're willing to devote. You would posbly end up with a great deal of latest new muc containers, but are extremely very poor in high quality. Or, you would posbly decide to gather a lot much more critical, top of the range Red Bottom Shoes tunes bins. If this were the case, your range would start off little by little. Get your time and effort and do what's incredibly most effective to suit your deres. #2 Just take your individual taste under conderation. This might influence what kinds of audio packing containers you can expect to purchase. Some collectors may perhaps opt for only miniature pieces, or unusual new muc bins. People songs box collectors may posbly wish to emphas on disc containers, Regina's, Stella's, or objects d' artwork.#3 Contemplate beginning a range built up with a range of new tunes bins. You would posbly wish this as

a way which you really don't get bored with acquiring the identical type of box. Come to a decion on from cylinder new audio packing containers, disc mucal packing containers, polyphons, or Stella new muc bins. The lesson correct listed here is definitely the incontrovertible fact that possesng a hodge podge of songs bins is just superb!#4 Possess a software regarding how you would dere to build your variety. Subsequent, require the needed actions to see it appear alive! Also, conder into conderation place. For anyone who've restricted space, you are going to need to be innovative, specially for those who have a preference for to accumulate large new tunes packing containers.#5 When genuinely planning to purchase a new muc box for that collection, normally Red Bottom Footwear examine for those items that dere fast aim like rust. If want be, restore it if you have time and income. It truly is normally an awesome guideline to seem meticulously immediately after all of the muc packing containers you might have inde of your collection.Starting a tunes box selection could posbly be an enjoyable method. Regardless of whether Red Bottom Shoes you're gathering an antique audio box, inlaid songs box, carousel www.cheapchristianlouboutin2012.net audio box, ballerina audio packing containers, or other kinds of songs containers, comply with these five suggestions and be in your own method of starting a wonderful new new muc box assortment. Search once and for all value Red Bottom Sneakers from certified Christian Louboutin Sale Shop suitable now with Swift Delivery, Get Payment & Excellent Support Services at redbottomshoesroom .Related Articles - Red, Bottom, Footwear, Email this Article to a Friend!

Receive Articles like this one direct to your email box!Subscribe for free today!amazines Sports article_detail.cfm 4471932?articleid=4471932
chenqi1 Saturday 8/04/2012 at 06:54 AM | 95326