Forums Trailers and Videos
Storyboard Artist Federico D'Alessandro Shows Off His 'Halloween' Remake Pitch Reel

As a lifelong HALLOWEEN fan, Storyboard Artist Federico D’Alessandro always had one dream in mind -- to direct a reboot of the franchise that has always been so near and dear to his heart.

So when it was first announced that Platinum Dunes’ was going to be producing the Halloween remake, D’Alessandro used his skills as an artist and animatics supervisor to create a very refined animatic to show the tone and storytelling that he would bring to the project if he were lucky enough to have that chance to direct the film. Unfortunately as we all know talks eventually bottomed out between Platinum Dunes and the Weinsteins temporarily putting a halt on D’Alessandro's lifelong dream. Check out the unfinished pitch below, and if you like the video let your voice be heard

Source: Slash Film
Anonymous Tuesday 9/18/2012 at 08:06 PM | 96543
What an epic opening scene that would be! Based on the other samples of art here, I would be very interested to read a treatment or something that outlined the rest of the ideas for the reboot. Although it really doesn't seem to be in line with the clasc filmmaking of the original, this guy clearly has a vion and it is shame we will most likely never see it.
Preston Eleven Tuesday 9/18/2012 at 08:59 PM | 96545
This was epic. Would've LOVED to see this on the big screen.
zuzek1996 Tuesday 9/18/2012 at 09:34 PM | 96546
Honestly this would be amazing, it would be cool to see a legit remake that didnt try to follow so closely to the original! I like the fact that he can be seen in a crowd of people holding a head and no one suspects it because they have NO clue who he is and he is wearing a costume! This could be epic! Love it!
JohnCorley92 Tuesday 9/18/2012 at 10:56 PM | 96547
This was awsome! I think it was nice and different.

Made me jump quite a bit.

Hell I would watch a full movie just like how this guy created this for the fun of it.
irish16lep Thursday 9/20/2012 at 12:17 AM | 96573
LOVE LOVE LOVE!!! Very entertaining and excellent prologue to what could be a great film! What a shame...
joshk1986 Thursday 9/20/2012 at 12:23 AM | 96575
That was pretty Sweet
SlayKnotV1 Thursday 9/20/2012 at 03:10 PM | 96586
@SlayKnotV1 Your collection of figures is AMAZING!! I'm soooooo jealous!! It's nice to see someone around my age that loves to collect figures as much as I do. I would love for you to post pictures in our forum along with a little intro and I'll gladly headline it on the front page.
Anonymous Thursday 9/20/2012 at 08:49 PM | 96592
Deffinatly different from what Halloween has been, but it is very, very good!!

Nutters for not going further with that!
cat Monday 9/24/2012 at 02:00 PM | 96645
Dustin from BrainDamage

That was insane! How could they pass that up, even we would love to help produce that haha! He should just finish the film as an animation, I'd gladly buy it!

Also @ Bnizzle I also collect figures and statues, I've got about 4 large boxes full of them haha but they are all mostly comic book related. I plan to move again soon, so I can't take em out and showcase them which sucks!
braindamagefilms Monday 9/24/2012 at 09:02 PM | 96649