Forums Horror Movie Reviews
'Paranormal Activity 4' The Sinful Celluloid Review

On Tuesday, October 16th, Paranormal Activity 4 came to town with a masve media blitz. Thanks to another successful "Want it" promotion, Los Angeles was able to get a sneak peek at the latest Activity. Producers Jason Blum and Oren Peli were there along with star Kathryn Newton. Was the latest PA a success? Read on for my thoughts...

The film begins with a recap of the events at the end of PA2. Katie has killed the rest of her family and taken her sters young son, Hunter. There whereabouts are unknown. Cut to 2011, five years later in Henderson, NV. The stage is set as we meet Alex, a young girl who chats on Skype with her friend Ben. Things are pretty routine for the most part, until the strange boy who lives across the street comes to live with them. It seems his mom has been hospitalized and has phoned the neighbors to watch her son.In an emergency tuation, what would you do? The little boy is named Robbie, and those of you who have been paying attention the the viryls can attest to his creepiness. Things are low key at first as Robbie's presence begins to affect Wyatt, the families young son, who is close to the same age as Robbie. It isn't long before things start really kicking, leading to an all out attack that will leave you breathless!

Those who were unhappy with PA3 should find much to love this time around. The bodycount is higher, the kills are disturbing and a couple of plot twist delve deeper in the horror surrounding Katie and Hunter. This film has some great surprises and its one that I personally feel is even better than the original. I know that's a bold statement but I will stand by it.

I saw Catfish by Henry Joost and Ariel Schulman and I knew these guys had talent. Its sometimes difficult to come into an established franchise and fit into that framework. It seems that this time they pulled it off with flying colors.

Jason Blum and Oren Peli have been building towards something great and after witnesng the hyper kinetic ending to this one, I can't wait for the next. This is a very love it or hate it franchise so tell me what you think. Very curious.
sinful Celluloid Friday 10/19/2012 at 09:09 PM | 97208
I don't know if it's just me, but I don't know what movie he's talking about?

I saw Paranormal Activity 4 and it was nothing like what he said about it.

The movie is a piece of shit and nothing compared to how fun and good the first 3 were. Bash on me all you want, but I thought it was a big let down. :(
rbrshortfilms13 Monday 10/22/2012 at 12:23 AM | 97280