Forums Horror Movie Reviews
"The Texas Chainsaw Massacre 3D" - Video Review

Here`s horror and comedy actor Shawn C. Phillips (Sy Fy`s Haunted High) with his review of Texas Chainsaw 3D. Enjoy!

Texas Chainsaw 3D continues the legendary story of the homicidal Sawyer family, picking up where Tobe Hooper’s 1974 horror clasc left off in Newt, Texas, where for decades people went misng without a trace. The townspeople long suspected the Sawyer family, owners of a local barbeque pit, were somehow responble. Their suspicions were finally confirmed one hot summer day when a young woman escaped the Sawyer house following the brutal murders of her four friends. Word around the small town quickly spread, and a vigilante mob of enraged locals surrounded the Sawyer stronghold, burning it to the ground and killing every last member of the family – or so they thought.

Decades later and hundreds of miles away from the original massacre, a young woman named Heather learns that she has inherited a Texas estate from a grandmother she never knew she had. After embarking on a road trip with friends to uncover her roots, she finds she is the sole owner of a lavish, isolated Victorian manon. But her newfound wealth comes at a price as she stumbles upon a horror that awaits her in the manon’s dank cellars…

Alexandra Daddario, Dan Yeager, Tremaine "Trey Songz" Neverson, Scott Eastwood, Tania Raymonde, Shaun pos, Keram Malicki-Sanchez, James MacDonald, Thom Barry, Paul Rae, Richard Riehle, Bill Moseley, and Gunnar Hansen star.

The film buzzed into theaters on January 2, 2013.

http://youtu.be/Z0OKk8w5-z8

Henry
shattered lens Friday 1/04/2013 at 10:16 AM | 99453
couldn't agree more with his review, i found myself thinking during the movie, wtf are they doing in a certain part/scene?!?
dxh8r4life Saturday 1/05/2013 at 01:36 PM | 99466
Dude, just work around the whole years later deal. In all honesty, this is the best movie I have ever seen. Way better than The Avengers and The Hobbit even.
M. K. Summerford Saturday 1/05/2013 at 02:06 PM | 99467
That's too bad. I was really hoping for it to be good.
ghostkiller Saturday 1/05/2013 at 06:55 PM | 99469
I thought this movie was really good. Is it better than the original, HELL NO, but it was better than some of the sequels and posbly remakes (Next Gen I'm looking at you). One thing to remember is that the TCM series has never been about continuity. Go in with an open mind and have a good time. Yes there are plot holes, but nothing to serious, I didn't even think of the age thing until I saw this review. I'm not going to be one of those guys that says something about being a "True Texas Chainsaw Massacre Fan", some people will love it some will hate it and were all entitled to our opinions.

And make sure you stay for the after credit scene. My friend and I were the only ones to stay all the way to the end. I wasn't sure if they were going to have anything but I always stay nowadays, and I'm glad I did.
SuperSeanski Saturday 1/05/2013 at 11:49 PM | 99470
I thought this movie was really good. Is it better than the original, HELL NO, but it was better than some of the sequels and posbly remakes (Next Gen I'm looking at you). One thing to remember is that the TCM series has never been about continuity. Go in with an open mind and have a good time. Yes there are plot holes, but nothing to serious, I didn't even think of the age thing until I saw this review. I'm not going to be one of those guys that says something about being a "True Texas Chainsaw Massacre Fan", some people will love it some will hate it and were all entitled to our opinions.

And make sure you stay for the after credit scene. My friend and I were the only ones to stay all the way to the end. I wasn't sure if they were going to have anything but I always stay nowadays, and I'm glad I did.

I`m the only one who stayed to see it to.
shattered lens Saturday 1/12/2013 at 08:09 AM | 99593