Forums Trailers and Videos
For Those Who Missed Out, Watch The Premiere Of 'Bates Motel' In Its Entirety Right Now!

It's no secret that the first episode of

A&E's Bates Motel was a huge success!! With 4.6 million households tuning in, it's surpring how many horror hounds missed out on this gem. Fear not though, redemption can be made. mply click on the image below, and you'll be directed to A&E's te which is hosting the episode in its entirety. Now what's your excuse?

Bates Motel serves as a prequel to the most famous fright film of all-time, “Psycho.” …“Bates Motel” will give viewers an intimate understanding of how Norman Bates’ psyche developed from his childhood through his teen years. Fans will have access to the dark, twisted backstory and learn first hand how his mother, Norma, and her lover damaged Norman, helping forge the most well-known serial killing motel owner in history.

The Bates Motel cast includes Freddie Highmore as Norman Bates, Vera Farmiga as Norma Bates, and Max Thieriot as Norman’s older brother, Dylan. Supporting cast members include Mike Vogel, Nestor Carbonell, Nicola Peltz and Olivia Cooke.

Source: A&E
Anonymous Wednesday 3/20/2013 at 06:52 PM | 100514
Pretty good episode, I hope to see more of this show.

de note, what's up with thousands of people looking at articles on this te but yet only a few of us are leaving comments?
Sephit Friday 3/22/2013 at 09:15 AM | 100524
Based on the first episode, this show is going to have to try a lot harder to get my attention. I usually like Vera Farmiga, but her energy and approach is just wrong for the character. The kid who plays Norman also doesn't feel right. In addition, I really don't like how the producers are trying to have their cake and eat it too by giving the show an overall 1950s/1960s aesthetic yet setting it in the modern day. As a result, the appearances of iPhones and the awful teenage girl clique just felt so forced and out of place. This show needs to figure out what it is going for, because right now it seems like A&E is mply trying to cash in on the success of American Horror Story. I will continue to tune in for a few more episodes in the hope that the show proves me wrong.

As flawed as it is, at this point I honestly enjoy the origin of Norma Bates as shown in Psycho IV much more than Bates Motel.
Preston Eleven Saturday 3/23/2013 at 03:06 PM | 100532
Based on the first episode, this show is going to have to try a lot harder to get my attention. I usually like Vera Farmiga, but her energy and approach is just wrong for the character. The kid who plays Norman also doesn't feel right. In addition, I really don't like how the producers are trying to have their cake and eat it too by giving the show an overall 1950s/1960s aesthetic yet setting it in the modern day. As a result, the appearances of iPhones and the awful teenage girl clique just felt so forced and out of place. This show needs to figure out what it is going for, because right now it seems like A&E is mply trying to cash in on the success of American Horror Story. I will continue to tune in for a few more episodes in the hope that the show proves me wrong.

As flawed as it is, at this point I honestly enjoy the origin of Norma Bates as shown in Psycho IV much more than Bates Motel.

I've actually never seen Psycho IV, had no idea it told his origin. Is it any good in retrospect to the original?
Sephit Sunday 3/24/2013 at 11:36 PM | 100546
Very few films in general come close to the greatness of Psycho and, as fun as I find them, the sequels are not even in the same ballpark of quality. Psycho IV was a TV movie directed by Mick Garris, so that should already lower expectations quite a it. Condering that, I found it to be enjoyable.
Preston Eleven Monday 3/25/2013 at 09:45 PM | 100555