Forums Trailers and Videos
New Promo Video Arrives For THE X-FILES Return To Television!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The anticipation continues to rise higher and higher for the return of THE X-FILES in January. Just knowing that Agents Mulder and Scully are gearing up to bring us fresh new stories is enough to really boil the wonder for fans.

Not long ago we brought you the full length official trailer for THE X-FILES (see below) and now Fox has released a new animated teaser trailer. Head on down below to have a look.

The return of THE X- FILES centers on Mulder and Scully investigating Annet Mahendru's character, who is believed to be a "possible alien abductee," according to Joel McHale's character, a conservative talk show host who gives Mulder and Scully the tip to investigate her.

Six episodes are currently planned, but many are wondering if that will mark the end of THE X-FILES? Here is what Duchovny has previously stated about it:

“I would be open to doing another cycle,” Duchovny said. “I don’t know that I could do a 20-episode version of this show at this point in my life, and I don’t know that Gillian could. But I think everybody is open ended on what happens after this. Certainly, we didn’t bring it back with the idea of ending it.”

Gillian Anderson will return alongside Duchovny with James Wong and Glen Morgan also returning as writer/producers.

Joining Duchovny and Anderson as returning actors are William B. Davis, Mitch Pileggi, Bruce Harwood, Tom Braidwood, and Dean Haglund. Joining them are new characters played Robbie Amell, Lauren Ambrose, Joel McHale, Annet Mahendru, Rhys Darby, and Kumail Nanjiani.

Creator Chris Carter, who oversees the new episodes previously had this to say:

"I think of it as a 13-year commercial break. The good news is the world has only gotten that much stranger, a perfect time to tell these six stories.”

The season premiere of THE X-FILES titled "My Struggle" will air on Fox Sunday, January 24th 2016. The second episode will air the following night, Monday the 25th. From there on out the show will continue to air on Monday nights.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 10/14/2015 at 06:36 PM | 103669