Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Did someone saw The Midnight meat train!

Man I like horror movies and stuff from Clive Barker like Hellraiser, Candy man, Nightbread and others but when I saw The midnight meat train. Sorry but for me this movie sucks. Not the short novel that was based on cause I did not read it, but the movie sucks.

The plot is just crazy. It lives to many questions. Who are the monsters? What the hell are those things on butchers chest? What, is the butcher hypnotize to serve those cratures?

Did anyone see the movie?
Klempo Friday 1/30/2009 at 01:01 AM | 33697
halloween killer my brother saw it and was telling me about it.i havent gotten around to seeing it yet.sounded interesting.
condemned1 Friday 1/30/2009 at 01:53 AM | 33700
i was really looking forward to the film. The story was one of my favs from Barkers twisted mind!

Upon seeing it I thought Vinnie Jones was a great killer....there was some BROOTAL kills (especially the woman who's head gets hammered off LOL)....but the CGI gore sucked frog milt. The wackiness of it comes from the story itself and while its been a loooong time nce I read it (and i dont own a copy now) I dont recall the story really explaining anything really about the creatures more than the film did.

Check it out on ppv or borrow a copy but I wouldnt invest $20 in this mediocre film. Its a good str8 to dvd flick. Nothing more though.
ny ghoul Friday 1/30/2009 at 04:21 AM | 33720
"I dont recall the story really explaining anything really about the creatures more than the film did" So you tell me that you have to found the answers for your self? Leave to your imagination? So it is like some of David Cronenbergs movie?

Cause I really had no clue at the end what that creatures would suppose to be. Probably should read the story.
Klempo Friday 1/30/2009 at 11:54 AM | 33758
Yes thats correct from what I remember.....but I think now I will go back and read again to make sure!
ny ghoul Friday 1/30/2009 at 04:46 PM | 33777
I really like Midnight Meat Train.
Michael Aspinwall Thursday 2/19/2009 at 11:26 PM | 36650
I saw it my buddy's house a few months ago...we got stoned and fell asleep about half way through it.

Don't remember much!
Deathwalk Friday 2/20/2009 at 04:31 AM | 36674
I just watched this with Deathringup last night. It wasn't as awful as I thought it would be. He actually read the short story it was based on. I think the monsters under the city are being pacified by the cops and the subway guy. If they continue to bring them food they will continue to dwell underground. But if they don't they will take over the city. Don't know. That's just our theory.

I still don't understand what the hell the guy was cutting off of his chest and why he was saving it in little jars. But I picked up about mid-movie that the photographer guy was being recruited. It wasn't the best horror movie ever or anything, but it was tolerable.
St. Pete Slasher Saturday 2/28/2009 at 05:18 PM | 38008
I think the tumors are little underground dwelling monster babies that are being saved to repopulate the nether world....

not really but I thought it was funny.

I gotta get one of those mallets!
deathrisingup Saturday 2/28/2009 at 10:44 PM | 38025
Well, I didn't see it yet, but I'm trying to get it. We need to agreed that, in some cases, not to know much about the origin of somethings are good to the films. See The Mist, 30 Days of Night.... Somethings should never be tolded, or could ruin the film. Is something like a reboot or a prequel.... If you see a prequel, like RZ Halloween, you could fucked up with the movie sense...

LÜCKMANN Monday 3/02/2009 at 07:56 PM | 38216
I almost watched it but then realised that Vinnie Jones was in it, that instantly put me off watching it.
Sourfacedbastard Tuesday 3/03/2009 at 02:39 PM | 38336
Whats not to like about Vinnie? He was the ONLY highlight of this film and he was GREAT in "....Smoking Barrels"
ny ghoul Tuesday 3/03/2009 at 03:43 PM | 38344
There is quite a lot not to like about him. I had the misfortune of meeting him some years back as he came into my then place of work. He was just a footballer then and not an actor. He started with the whole "Don't you know who I am?" thing just because he had to wait his turn. He's an arrogant knob and this whole tough guy image he portrays is pathetic. I shit turds that are bigger than him!
Sourfacedbastard Thursday 3/05/2009 at 11:40 AM | 38653
ah ok so you have a personal experience with him. ive heard he's a dick. did you see the video of him getting his ass handed to him at some club? he pulled the tough guy act (which he is a brawler) on some guys somewhere in the mid west i think and he got his lumps. sorry to hear he was a prick to you. f' him.
ny ghoul Thursday 3/05/2009 at 06:36 PM | 38676
There is quite a lot not to like about him. I had the misfortune of meeting him some years back as he came into my then place of work. He was just a footballer then and not an actor. He started with the whole "Don't you know who I am?" thing just because he had to wait his turn. He's an arrogant knob and this whole tough guy image he portrays is pathetic. I shit turds that are bigger than him

Vinnie Jones is no different then a lot of actors in Hollywood.

Some are just more public with there ego's then others.

But don't let that stop you from seeing of enjoying the film's there in.

For example, Russel Crowe has been known to be quite an asshole and more recently Christian Bale has gotten himself into some trouble.

Once the fame and glory start rolling in they develop big ego's.

But that didn't stop me from enjoying Gladiator, 3:10 to Yuma, or Cinderella Man.

I still plan to go see Terminator 4 when it comes out even though I think Bale is an egocentric bastard.

But I love the Terminator films and it wouldn't be fair to rob myself of seeing the new one.

Just because Bale is in it.

Same goes for Midnight Meat Train.

Vinnie might be an ass, but I saw it anyway because I love Clive Barker's short story in which it was based upon.

It's not fair to yourself to let some ass clown ruin it for you.

Just my two cents.
Insomniac Thursday 3/05/2009 at 07:34 PM | 38681
I don't mind some Russell Crowe films. I thought Gladiator was pretty good along with A Beautiful Mind. It's not just the fact that Vinnie Jones is an arrogant idiot that puts me off watching films he's in. It's mainly because I don't think he's a very good actor. He seems to be limited to playing the same or milar character in every film. I don't watch Steven Seagal films for the same reason, he plays the same or milar character every time. But at the same time I don't think that Steven Seagal is such a bad bloke either. He does quite a lot for animals/conservation.
Sourfacedbastard Tuesday 3/10/2009 at 01:45 PM | 39223