Forums Horror Movie Reviews
The Official "Bitch" about Rob Zombie's H2 Thread

Ahhh for every fan there is a non fan. And touching a beloved horror clasc like HalloweeN is bound to bring out more than a few "Remakes Suck" people out of the wood works. Rob Zombie good or bad reinvited the franchise and that touches a nerve either potively or negatively with every horror fan. So rather than spreading it out through other threads I thought it might be nice to have one central spot to voice your opinions...

Let the gripping begin!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 4/19/2009 at 06:13 AM | 43260
Hey lets do the oppote of what made the og so great I mean it wont matter just like me the mianstream is fucked in the head so no matter what I give em' they will eat it up because I'm Rob Zombie and everyone love me!
DWN Productions Sunday 4/19/2009 at 01:33 PM | 43275
How many "offical" RZ bashing threads do we really need?

lblambert Sunday 4/19/2009 at 03:11 PM | 43285
and Rob Zombie making this movie affects my life how? When paying my bills or taking care of my loved ones is directly affected by what Rob Zombie does with his films, then I will bash him....otherwise...I really do not care.

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Sunday 4/19/2009 at 03:16 PM | 43288
I personally love what he did with the first story and I can't wait to how he continues it.
Michael Aspinwall Sunday 4/19/2009 at 03:45 PM | 43296
i dont really like the direction he is taking halloween.i feel like he took all of what made the movie so good and shit on it.i love all his other movies, but i feel like he is out for himself and not the fans when it comes to halloween.
souleater666 Sunday 4/19/2009 at 06:27 PM | 43316
I could really careless. I think Rob Zombie has done a great job with all of his movies.

Some people don't realize that re-makes don't mean, "Let's remake the entire movie, the exact same way, with newer looking shit and younger actors/actresses".

I always see re-makes. I love them, mply for the fact that somebody is giving their own little veron on it, or they are adding something that, growing up watching the originals, they believed should be in there.

Let it go, anti-remake people.
KeeterZ Wednesday 4/22/2009 at 05:39 PM | 43628
Here's the thing; you can't remake Halloween. And that's not what Rob Zombie did. He didn't do a remake.

That's where people are getting so pissed off... they're looking at it as a remake. Once you stop looking at it as a remake... you'll find yourself hating on Rob Zombie less and less.
GrampaGruesome Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 12:42 AM | 45972
The last two posts made GREAT points. Rob didn't try and RECREATE the holy grail of horrors. He HAD to put his own slant. So instead of the upper middle class kid who mysteriously cracks and turns homicidal and rather than the super human Shape who survives gun shots; stabbings; exploons......we got a fucked up kid who was a product of multiple dysfunction and we get a more "common" sociopathic killer. I thought Rob's Halloween was fun and brutal. Nothing more and nothing less. It was a horror that kept me entertained. I will also always give ROb a chance because he made two other amazing horrors one of which is arguably the best mainstream horror release in the last 15 years. Im looking forward to H2!
ny ghoul Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 04:22 PM | 46003
The last two posts made GREAT points. Rob didn't try and RECREATE the holy grail of horrors. He HAD to put his own slant. So instead of the upper middle class kid who mysteriously cracks and turns homicidal and rather than the super human Shape who survives gun shots; stabbings; exploons......we got a fucked up kid who was a product of multiple dysfunction and we get a more "common" sociopathic killer. I thought Rob's Halloween was fun and brutal. Nothing more and nothing less. It was a horror that kept me entertained. I will also always give ROb a chance because he made two other amazing horrors one of which is arguably the best mainstream horror release in the last 15 years. Im looking forward to H2!

me too! good post man.

pamelavoorheesRIP Tuesday 5/19/2009 at 11:01 PM | 46025
I have already debated this topic a few times. I liked H2, and I don't give a fuck..The fact that the movie pisses certain people off so much, actually makes me like it even more. Fighting with people online is fun, but what might be more fun is to wear my H2 t shirt out in public and see if someone starts shit with me over it..LOL.
Moon Monday 4/18/2011 at 07:28 AM | 74651