I'm not very good at writing reviews, so I'll keep this short.

I don't know why it took me so long to get around to watching this little diamond in the rough from 2007, but I'm glad I finally did.

I've had a doll phobia nce childhood, and this movie sent a chill down my spine on several occaons . . . a rare feat these days.

It was also very well made with visuals and sound that suck you into each scene and keep the tenon high throughout most of the movie.

Check it out if you haven't already.
gummi Saturday 5/30/2009 at 07:11 AM | 47063
A friend of mine, Will (krueger4653), told we that he liked this. I've been wanting to check it out for a while now. I guess I should do it sooner rather than later.
Myers31TKD Saturday 5/30/2009 at 02:33 PM | 47084
Definately one of the better mainstream releases and the ending gave me nightmares lol!
ny ghoul Sunday 5/31/2009 at 06:04 AM | 47137
Definately one of the better mainstream releases and the ending gave me nightmares lol

I'm glad to hear that someone else saw and liked it.

I haven't heard very much except for critics reviews online, who apparently hated the film . . . gladly I didn't listen to them.
gummi Sunday 5/31/2009 at 07:25 AM | 47139
I saw this in theaters back when it came out in 07 and absolutely loved it. I to have had a doll phobia, the bastards creep me out. I felt creeped out and the story and pacing was great, not to mention likeable characters. And one thing that i thought was special about it(ESPECIALLY for an R-Rated film) there is not much blood in comparison with recent R-rated horror and VERY little vulgar language which suprised me because its in just about all films of the genre nowadays. Overall its an awesome film and if you have'nt seen it yet, then please check it out.
misfit Monday 6/08/2009 at 08:40 AM | 47815
I love this freaking movie....lol I've wanted a billy doll forever. the boyfriend won't let me get one though...lol he's a wussy :)

I think there was another thread about this in here????
kweandee Wednesday 6/10/2009 at 06:01 PM | 48081
You guys make me feel so much better about myself.

My mom planted a Chucky doll in my bed when I slept when I was about 4 after we watched the first 2. I woke up next to it and had nightmares for a long time. I still have trouble watching doll movies because of it.

However, I have one of those fears where I love to face them so immediately when I saw the previews for this, I knew I would see it.

I enjoyed it. It gave me chills a couple times, like when the doll was tting next to the window in the hotel room and when it's outde his driver window.

The ending was kind of disappointing though, even though I didn't expect that the dad was a doll. Problem is, it didn't make much sense to me why his dad's "wife" was doing all of this, not to mention I hate Donnie Walhberg's acting lol.

Either way, it wasn't a bad movie overall.
KeeterZ Wednesday 8/12/2009 at 07:22 AM | 52039
This movie wasn't bad at all, I really loved it.

The shots were fantastic, they really built a good mood with the lighting and everything.

And the dolls were creepy as Hell.

My Wife had dreams afterward of my figures coming to life and killing her.

DarkArtist81 Thursday 8/13/2009 at 01:28 PM | 52105
Problem is, it didn't make much sense to me why his dad's "wife" was doing all of this, not to mention I hate Donnie Walhberg's acting lol.Possessed by Mary Shaw....like the dolls. I think she was a doll herself (the perfect doll) that Mary Shaw was making in that book the son found. At least that's what I thought

;)
kweandee Tuesday 8/18/2009 at 01:15 PM | 52630
I really enjoyed this more then I expected as so manyhad told me it was garbage. I never listen to the critics but alot of people who usually have the same taste hated it. I love the idea as so many people have the fear of dolls and makes it great. I love any film that can work on peoples fears much like clowns. The ending was great and I want several of the dolls.
cropsy Friday 8/28/2009 at 01:32 AM | 53349