im probably way late in the game on this but i just watched this today (comcast fearnet on demand!)

what a great mix of Zombies, gore, gee wally 50s nostalgia and comedy

if you havent seen this yet i highly recommend it!
Johnny Bisco Saturday 4/26/2008 at 03:29 PM | 9902
Cool...will definately check it outI love zombies....lol
kweandee Sunday 4/27/2008 at 12:14 AM | 9919
I saw this one back when it opened in the theatres and the theatre was almost empty. I agree with you Bisco it was a good one but it just never got the love it deserved...probably because it was a Canadian film.

We're always underappreciated

lblambert Sunday 4/27/2008 at 01:35 AM | 9921
i enjoyed it far more than some of the zombie crap thats been coming out as of latei love a good black comedy and this fits the bill
Johnny Bisco Sunday 4/27/2008 at 01:38 AM | 9923
Went to my local video store...didn't have it. Hadn't even heard of it...is it out on video?
kweandee Monday 4/28/2008 at 01:57 AM | 10017
it is on video (i got it from family video) and its also on comcast fear net on demand this month
Johnny Bisco Monday 4/28/2008 at 10:26 PM | 10074

Oh man where to begin.

I watched this for the first time last night and I loved it so much I watched it a second time.

SOME SPOILERS

This movies is GENIUS!!!

Set in an alternate 1950s where a strange space virus has blanketed the earth.

This virus reanimates corpse caung the dead to walk again.

Plus, if you die you automatically become a zombie so old people are condered a threat tooSo after the zombie wars technology was developed to domesticate the zombie's hunger for flesh and they have been integrated into society as workers.

So one boy, Timmy, gets his pet zombie and names him Fido.

However, Fido's collar (that keeps him from wanting to devour brains) gets accidentally turned off and there's where the real fun begins.

I laughed so hard at this.

I loved how they named the little boy Timmy . .. just like in Lase and they keep treating FIDO like he's a dog, "What's the matter boy?

Timmy's in trouble?" HAHAHAHAHA

Also, when Timmy's mom starts to fall for FIDO, oh man I was laughing hard.

And what about the next door neighbor who has a Zombie sex slave?

But one of my favorite scenes is when Timmy's dad hands him a hand gun right before he goes into school and says, "Now Timmy I know you're not suppose to have a gun until your 12 but . . . " HAHAHAHAHHAHAHA.

I could go on and on but this was by far the best comedy/horror I've seen in some time.

If you like Zombies or have cravings for flesh then you should Absolutely see this movie!
DaShape Saturday 12/13/2008 at 08:10 PM | 28091
One of my all time favorites!
Snoballz Saturday 12/13/2008 at 10:04 PM | 28096
I sooooooo want to see this now!!!!! Fenner that puppy better be saved on your DVR!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 12/13/2008 at 10:41 PM | 28103