Forums Horror Movie Reviews
Simon Says Review...

mon Says is a horror film that was filmed back in 2006 and should be getting it's dvd release sometime in the next couple of weeks. When you see this film at best buy...online...netflix, at blockbuster, etc...you are gonna want to automatically get it due to who is in it. You will most likely see across the top in big letters.....CRISPIN GLOVER AND BLAKE LIVELY.....

for all that is holy....PUT IT DOWN!!!!! DO NOT FALL for it. To get miss Gosp Girl out of the way....Black Lively is in it for 15 seconds at the very end. Her family is friends with the creators of the film and she, her father, and both her sters were all in the films in some capacity. Alot of people do not know that her older ster is Robyn Lively of 80s movie fame such as Teen Witch.

Now let's talk about Crispin Glover. I really truly do not know what to say about this. I have been a Crispin Glover fan from all the way back to River's Edge, F13 part 4, of course BTTF, Willard, etc, etc...I even enjoyed the Wizard of Gore remake to a certain extent and at the very least I can say that Crispin Glover did a good job in it. I cannot say that for mon Says. In all of his recent interviews, he states that he takes acting roles now as a means of paying for his own films as well as helping new directors out. He OBVIOUSLY did this for the paycheck. It was almost as if he had personally hurt my feelings with this one. Don't get me wrong, there were a few genuine moments were he did great, but overall.....just off the wall but not in a good way.

The locations used in the films were gorgeous. It looked as if they filmed it at a state park. The gore was okay. The "traps" for lack of a better word were wild and made no damned sense at all, but were still kinda neat. That is really all I can say about this film......YOU HAVE BEEN WARNED!!!!

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Thursday 6/25/2009 at 03:10 AM | 49158
thank you for clearing that up, I almost fell for it.
ironblade87 Saturday 12/26/2009 at 12:43 PM | 59545