Well I beat Joel to the punch for once! We watched the Norwegian Nazi zombie movie "Dead Snow" last night and I have to say I was very impressed. This was dubed for American audiences so you do loose a bit of the "umph" from the line delivery but they did a pretty good job and 10 minutes in you forget that your watching a foreign film. The film starts off with the typical we're off for a ride to a loney cabin in the mountains to drink and have sex (at least us Americans aren't the only people who like doing this

).

They run into a "Crazy Raplh" type character who warns them of their impending doom and the movie ups the action shortly there after. Blood, Blood, Gore, and more Blood is the order of the day in this film and I couldn't have been hapier. The film never takes itself too seriously and they ever reference Friday the 13th and Evil Dead 1 and 2 at the opening of the film. You can obviously tell they are fans because this is an Evil Dead type movie. The zombies are often funny at times, they use the exact Evil Dead 2 chainsaw scene and sound effects when they decide its time to start fighting back.

The whole film was fun and entertaining and at the end of the day thats all I care about. You could tell that this wasn't a mega million dollar blockbuster in certain scenes but overall it looked like they used their budget well and I thought the camera angles and editing was really well done. If your a Evil Dead fan like I am you will love this movie. Do yourself a favor and at least rent this title. It's a must watch for any horror fan in my humble opinion....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 6/27/2009 at 08:06 PM | 49362
What Justin said I wasn't expecting much but was happily surprised.

For some reason I was expecting a super poor budgeted film but some of the special effects were very impresve.

The beginning starts off a little slow but right when I was getting restless DEAD SNOW hit full throttle and never turned back.

The gore was very convincing for the most part and even though the story was not grounded in reality (bede the fact there were Nazi Zombies) I was actually cringing at some of the deaths. DEAD SNOW doesn't take itself too seriously and throws in some funny jokes every now and then.

If you are a fan of the EVIL DEAD then there's no reason why you won't love this.

I'm normally a HUGE proponent of watching a film in it's original language.

I think hearing the tones of the original actors helps convey a film's vibe and dubbing can minterpret an actor's performance.

Luckily, I don't think that was the case (too much) when concerning DEAD SNOW.

Lets just say, you don't watch this movie expecting Oscar performances.

Also, this film has a fetish for intestines.

They could make a drinking game out of this.

Take a shot every time you see someone's intestines getting ripped out. Oh, and look for the best/worst scene of the film when the comedic fat guy finally gets the girl and bangs the hottest chick of the movie all while he's tting on the can taking a dump (no I'm not kidding

).

The time flew by and it carried a fairly upbeat pace after the first 20 minutes.

I give DEAD SNOW a knives up!

Well, with all this talk of DEAD SNOW I think I'm off to play some "Call of Duty: World At War" Nazi Zombie Mode.
DaShape Saturday 6/27/2009 at 10:49 PM | 49375
sounds good. Every copy I have come across has no subtitles and just the original audio dialogue. Did you guys watch this on demand or did you find one with subtitles?

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Sunday 6/28/2009 at 03:08 PM | 49416
i finally figured out how to embed subtitles on avi's...so i got dead snow now...no worries
Homicidal9 Sunday 6/28/2009 at 08:03 PM | 49435
Finally saw it today....rented it on Netflix. original language w.subtitles. i like it better that way so it worked out. think the only movies i liked even though they were dubbed were those old godzilla movies lol. anyways...it was very entertaining and I liked it alot.

kweandee Monday 5/03/2010 at 08:34 PM | 63707
Only one word can describe this movie: WIN. I was stoked when I heard about it, and even more so when I saw it. The special effects are awesome. I agree, you can definitely tell that the creators had influences from Evil Dead and Friday the 13th and it workes. This movie delivers on all levels and is a great zombie movie.

nce seeing the movie, it has nce been in my list of favorites. I'm hoping I can get a copy out here soon so I can watch it again!!!

10/10 Amazazing. (Yes, I spelled it that way.)
TaRmAn1986 Monday 7/05/2010 at 06:07 AM | 64844
I have to say I really liked this one. I went into it expecting what i got. The zombies were cool and well done and yes the dubbing wasn't perfect but I expected nothing less nce it was a foreign film. The tributes paid in it were great and the kills were well done as well. I would certainly recomend this to anyone and it was well worth the 6 bucks I paid for the two discs included.
cropsy Saturday 4/30/2011 at 10:45 AM | 75268
Really, really good mvoie, i enjoyd to watch this have to say 9/10.
SplatteriPoika Friday 5/27/2011 at 08:13 PM | 76895
movie* :P
SplatteriPoika Friday 5/27/2011 at 08:13 PM | 76896