Forums Television
Season 5 Of AMERICAN HORROR STORY Will Be Very Different!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

FX certainly has been delivering with it's hit series AMERICAN HORROR STORY. For four seasons now we have seen many disturbing things along the way, with each new season being different from the last. A lot of the same cast members continue to return to portray other characters which is one of the things that make this show a fun time. With the conclusion of AMERICAN HORROR STORY: FREAK SHOW upon us, we can only wonder what is in store for Season 5?

FX Networks CEO John Landgraf spoke with TVLine at the Television Critics Association winter press tour. He was asked about what the theme for the new season would be and replied:

“I know what it is, but I can’t say. I have to let [series boss] Ryan [Murphy] do his thing on that. But it’s very different.”

When asked if the show would be returning to the present day he replied:

“That’s my hope, yeah,”

He further adds about the series:

“One of the things I love so much about that is that it can be radically, radically reinvented in terms of tone, setting, period, characters, cast.” And along those lines, “I think there’s going to be an unusually large reinvention in between Book 4 and Book 5 relative to, say, between Book 3 [Coven] and 4 [Freak Show]."

Jessica Lange has hinted in the past that FREAK SHOW could be her final run with the series. Many fans wonder if she may be returning for a fifth season, to which Landgraf says:

“Ryan is really, really independent in how he makes these shows and what he does. So I know the setting, I know something about the characters and something about the tone and the time period, but I don’t actually know the cast yet.”

We will continue to bring you more on Season 5 of AMERICAN HORROR STORY as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 1/20/2015 at 07:01 PM | 103100