Forums Television
George A. Romero Speaks About EMPIRE OF THE DEAD TV Series!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Television has become a warm and inviting home for Horror in the modern day. With shows like THE WALKING DEAD and AMERICAN HORROR STORY gaining mega media attention, more Terror based projects are popping up all of the time.

Not long ago we brought you the news that George Romero’s EMPIRE OF THE DEAD comic book series, which is published by Marvel Comics, is being adapted to television by the production company Demarest.

Romero recently answered some questions on stage at the Wizard World Comic Con in St. Louis. He gave fans an update on the project by saying:

"Well, I think I'll hopefully be directing a couple of them [Empire of the Dead episodes]... We don't have a production deal yet, but our fingers are crossed and it looks good... But I hope to direct a couple, and I'm writing the pilot, and probably at least most of the first season if it flies."

Romero on why he decided to do the comic book series:

"All of a sudden, there are just too many zombies running around... So I just took a break and decided to do this Empire of the Dead instead as a comic series. There are zombies in it, but there are zombies and vampires. I've been doing it almost two years, and took a break from film stuff."

As far as the EMPIRE OF THE DEAD television project goes, the adaptation will be written by Romero and writing partner Peter Grunwald. Both will also serve as executive producers, alongside Demarest’s Sam Englebardt and William D. Johnson.

Here is the description for the comic:

"Welcome to New York City years after the undead plague has erupted — but just because Manhattan has been quarantined, don't think that everyone inside is safe! Not only do flesh-eaters roam within Manhattan, but there's another ancient predator about to take a bite out of the Big Apple!"

We will continue to bring you more on EMPIRE OF THE DEAD as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 5/31/2015 at 05:45 PM | 103379