Forums Television
Spoilers: Robert Kirkman Talks Future Of THE WALKING DEAD!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The first half of Season 8 for THE WALKING DEAD showed us the beginnings of an all out war. The tension between Rick and the gang against Negan and The Saviors continues to grow. The Mid- Season 8 Finale of AMC’s THE WALKING DEAD has really shook things up. For those of you that have yet to watch it, SPOILERS are ahead.

In the mid-season finale for Season 8, it was revealed that Carl Grimes was bitten by a walker with his death looking very near. Creator Robert Kirkman recently spoke with EW and says of Carl’s upcoming death:

“I think Scott first brought it up to me as a possibility probably about a year ago at this point. At first, I was kind of like, ‘Well, that’s a big one, you know?’ I might have had a little bit of trepidation. But once he laid out to me exactly what his long-term plans were, and the things that come out of it, and the things that it leads to, it was something I got on board with.

I know that some fans online have been very upset, but that’s by design. We’re not supposed to be happy when these characters die. We are supposed to be worried about what comes next, and anticipating what comes next, and stressing about what comes next. That just shows that you’re engaged and you’re interested. Our job is to now pay that off and fulfill that interest, and prove that this was a decision worth making. That’s what we’ve got to do.”

He adds:

“It’s a great tribute to Carl the character, and Chandler the actor. It’s definitely Chandler’s best work. His work in this episode is absolutely amazing. It’s something he should really be proud of. I think it’s something people will be talking about for a good long while. We’re just really excited to share with the audience.”

Kirkman finishes with:

“There are big, huge stories coming up that you might think will be massively altered because of the absence of Carl. But we have known these storylines have been coming for years. There are plans in place to make it all work. The loss of Carl doesn’t necessarily mean that we’re going to be losing big swaths of the comic book story. It means that there will be some differences to them. The goal is that those differences will be as exciting to the audience as they are to me.”

Based on the comic book series written by Robert Kirkman and published by Image Comics, “The Walking Dead” reigns as television’s most watched drama for adults 18-49 for a record-breaking five consecutive years. “The Walking Dead” tells the story of the months and years that follow after a zombie apocalypse, and follows a group of survivors, led by police officer Rick Grimes, who travel in search of a safe and secure home. The series is executive produced by showrunner Scott M. Gimple, Robert Kirkman, Gale Anne Hurd, David Alpert, Greg Nicotero and Tom Luse.

The second half of Season 8 of THE WALKING DEAD returns to AMC on February 25th.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 1/16/2018 at 07:19 PM | 105472