Forums Horror Movie News
SCREAM 5 & 6 News! Stories Already Mapped Out? Kevin Williamson Speaks Out - More Inside!

We may not have seen the the last of Ghostface on the big screen. It has been known for quite some time that Harvey Weinstein really wants his brother Bob to try and squeeze some more life out of the SCREAM film series. One of the original creators Kevin Williamson recently talked about his take on what could be with the series claiming to have both SCREAM 5 and 6 already mapped out. He is hoping for the Weinstein's to purchase his stories.

Kevin Williamson took part in a panel for his new TV show STALKER at the 2014 Television Critics Association Summer Press tour stating:

“It’s weird, when I pitched Scream 4, I pitched Scream 4, 5 and 6...I pitched a whole new trilogy. I guess Scream 4 never took off in a way they hoped.”

Williamson made mention that he is "not involved" in the development process for SCREAM any longer and he added that Wes Craven and his crew are "done with him." However he also says that if Bob Weinstein should decide to continue the SCREAM film series with two more entries that the story is already there.

“It’s all here [pointing to his head] and my computer … if they wanna buy it from me!”

He then went on to say that he is not a part of the upcoming MTV SCREAM series by any means, but is not opposed to tuning in to check it out whenever it is ready to air saying:

“I’m curious. I’ll watch it. I’ll give it a go. Teen Wolf turned out to be a fun romp–I enjoy the hell out of that–so maybe MTV’s on a roll and it will be a good, cool thriller.”

So there you have it. Kevin Williamson's versions of SCREAM 5 and 6 are ready to roll. Will the Weinsteins decide to take a stab at another SCREAM film? We will keep you updated.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 7/25/2014 at 02:44 AM | 102742