Forums Horror Movie News
Plot Revealed For CHUCKY Film - FREDDY VS CHUCKY??

2013 saw the release of CURSE OF CHUCKY, a film that was mostly well received. When it comes to the future of what Chucky will be up to, creator Don Mancini seems to always have the creative wheels turning and it is no secret that he is working on a follow up film in the series.

Mancini took part in a commentary for the classic killer doll film MAGIC with Crave Online. During which he shared the plot details of a yet to be produced CHUCKY sequel saying:

"I probably shouldn’t give this away because who knows, I might end up doing it somewhere, but why not? The notion of Chucky on a train… I thought it would be interesting to do something where you’ve got this archetypal or certainly stereotypical notion of the kid who says, ‘The doll is alive and he’s doing this,’ but the kid befriends an old lady who’s also on the train. Like the old lady is the only one who will listen to this kid, and she’s like, ‘Okay, tell me what you’re thinking. I believe that you believe it and let’s investigate it.’ As the story goes on it turns out that the old lady… and also the old lady has early onset Alzheimers. There’s just something, another reason [why] other people aren’t listening to her either. But she turns out to be a charmed confidant of Chucky.”

That would certainly be interesting indeed if Mancini were to ever put the idea into action. He then shifted the conversation over to another idea of Freddy vs Chucky and if it were ever to happen how he would see that play out:

“I would like to do Freddy and Chucky, just because I think they would be a fun double act. I’m more really interested in the characters. My pitch for Freddy vs. Chucky is Child’s Play on Elm Street. Chucky ends up in some kid’s house on Elm Street, and Chucky and Freddy inevitably meet in the dreamscape. Chucky sleeps. Why not? Chucky sleeps, Chucky dreams. And they have this admiration for each other. But they realize quickly that Elm Street isn’t big enough for the two of them, so in a riff on Dirty Rotten Scoundrels they have a contest: who can kill the most teenagers before the sun comes up?”

Although these two scenarios will may never happen, we do know that Mancini is working on the next CHUCKY film. There is currently no word on when to expect production to began.

We will continue to bring you more news on the next CHUCKY film in the near future.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 10/28/2014 at 06:52 PM | 102929