Forums Horror Movie News
Huge News: Major Update On BEETLEJUICE 2!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Back in December we brought you a couple of BEETLEJUICE 2 updates where Tim Burton and Michael Keaton were speaking highly of the idea of doing another movie together. Burton even went on to say that a sequel is "closer than ever". Below is the latest news.

Seth Grahame-Smith who is the one in charge of writing the script for the next BEETLEJUICE film spoke with EW saying:

“I’ve emailed with Michael Keaton. I know he’s excited about the idea. I know Tim is excited about the idea. Where it stands now is Tim’s got to get ready to make [Miss Peregrine’s Home For Peculiar Children], and then hopefully we are set, deals are done, and we’re waiting in the wings ready to go right after Peregrine’s wraps up. The ideal timeline is we’re really getting into it toward the end of this year.”

With the rumors swirling around that Winona Ryder could be returning as well he adds:

"[Burton] was doing press for Big Eyes right before the holiday, and was getting the Beetlejuice question, and sort of tipped people off that Winona [Ryder] would be back. Which yes, she will be back."

He further adds:

“I think we landed on the right idea, landed on the right approach. It’s just now making sure that—for me—I don’t want to sh*t my pants in front of the entire world making a sequel to one of my favorite movies.”

We will continue to bring you more on BEETLEJUICE 2 as it unfolds.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 1/19/2015 at 07:26 PM | 103098