Forums Horror Movie News
Fresh News Regarding The Next FRIDAY THE 13TH Film!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Plans to create another installment for the FRIDAY THE 13TH franchise have been taking place ever since the release of the 2009 reboot. Bringing Jason Voorhees back to the big screen is not an easy task. Some fans have grown tired of hearing about a new FRIDAY THE 13TH film as previous attempts have all fallen apart and amounted to nothing.

Platinum Dunes has been developing the new FRIDAY THE 13TH film at Paramount for almost three years now. Near the end of last year it was announced that director David Bruckner was no longer attached to the project and that Paramount had decided to go in a fresh direction, with a new writer in Aaron Guzikowski coming on board to get things re-going. Breck Eisner is the current choice to direct the film.

With the next FRIDAY THE 13TH film recently being pushed back yet again, preparations are being made with progress forward full steam ahead.

Platinum Dunes executives Brad Fuller and Andrew Form spoke with Variety about the upcoming movie with Fuller saying:

"This is the 13th “Friday the 13th” and on some level that’s kind of magical that we are lucky enough to make the 13th “Friday the 13th” movie. The challenges are you don’t want to alienate the people that come to see the first 12 but at the same time you don’t want your audience who haven’t seen the first 12 to feel like I’ve missed out on all of this and I’m not coming to see the 13th film.

That’s where and why we were lucky enough to get Aaron Guzikowski, who is an amazing writer and who saw a way to bridge those two audiences and make a way a movie where if you haven’t seen a “Friday the 13th” movie you know exactly what is going on and if you have seen one, you are going to be smiling the whole way through because there are nods to everything that you know but it is not imperative that you know those things to enjoy the film. We have made plenty of Slasher movies and what excites us about this one is that our characters aren’t just meat for Jason to butcher. These are real characters which will hopefully make the bond with the audience that much stronger because you really care about the people in this film."

They both went on to add:

Form: "But when its time for Jason to do his business…"

Fuller:…"He’s busy."

Form: "He does it and we will not let anyone down because when it is time it’s.."

Fuller: "It’s unrelenting."

Fuller previously said of the new FRIDAY THE 13TH film:

"Yes, Pamela and Jason are together in this film, but this is the same Jason we all know and love. He’s Jason; he kills – he kills teenagers. We went down the origin route with the second Texas Chainsaw Massacre film, and I think when you go too deep into a character’s origin, the character stops being scary at some point. I’m not worried about demystifying Jason by revealing parts of his back story, which most of the fans are familiar with."

The release date for FRIDAY THE 13TH is currently October 13th 2017.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 10/24/2016 at 07:13 PM | 104464