Forums Horror Movie News
News On The Possible Future Of THE PURGE Franchise!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

With last year being the election year, a third entry into THE PURGE franchise couldn't have arrived at a better time. Especially when the name of the film is THE PURGE: ELECTION YEAR.

Each PURGE film has earned more money than the previous, so it makes total sense that writer/director James DeMonaco's franchise will be continuing in some form or fashion.

Being that the franchise will continue on, one would have to be curious to know if Frank Grillo would return one more time? That question may have been answered as Collider recently spoke to Grillo with him saying:

"After Anarchy, Universal called me and said, ‘You’ve got a franchise. We’re gonna continue with this, if you wanna do this.’ I was like, ‘Yeah, this is great!’ And so, when Election Year was even more successful, they were like, ‘Let’s keep doing this!’ I was like, ‘Maybe. I think I might be done, but you should keep doing it!’ But, I love it! ... If DeMonaco was still involved and they came up with a great idea, then I think I would do [another Purge movie]. Otherwise, I think I’m done. ... I’m appreciative of The Purge. It’s become a part of the lexicon and the zeitgeist knows what it is, so that’s been fun. But, it’s time to move on. Don’t stay at the party too long, or you get knocked through the ropes."

Creator James DeMonaco has previously stated that he is looking to go back in time on the next PURGE film and give fans some insight on how things came to be within this particular world. There is also talk of a PURGE television series.

We will keep you updated on all things THE PURGE as they unfold.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 1/10/2017 at 06:50 AM | 104628