Forums Horror Movie News
Pennywise Himself Bill Skarsgard Talks IT: CHAPTER 2!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The world has been on fire for the new adaptation of Stephen King’s IT. Rightfully so as the film really pulled elements from many directions and honed them all together with precise, delightful moments of Horror and fun. Bill Skarsgard, who plays Pennywise has really had his moment in the spotlight and it continues on and will do so as he looks ahead to the next installment.

As you may know, IT: CHAPTER 2 will reunite The Loser’s Club as adults to do battle with Pennywise once again. IGN recently spoke with Bill Skarsgard about the next film saying:

“The first movie worked so well at what it is trying to do, I think, and ultimately that is the kids’ story, and you follow these kids and you sort of fall in love with these kids. And the second one will be the adult story. And I think the right way to do it is to make that movie actively different.”

He adds:

“... I think there might be worth exploring sort of the psychological aspects of horror, but also maybe the sort of cosmological existence of this being. What is he, and where does he come from? “

His thoughts on The Ritual of Chud:

“I mean, it’s very abstract. And I kind of like that. It could be almost a sort of [serialized] surrealistic sort of psychedelic trip if you go into the mind of Pennywise. And if you’ve read the novel you know that they do actually go into his mind. Or they go into this transdimensional place, and they sort of beat him in this place. Which might be interesting, what that place would be, and what would it look like. There’s opportunities, I think, and I’m excited for it.“

IT: CHAPTER 2 will arrive in theaters on September 6th, 2019.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 10/20/2017 at 03:11 PM | 105291