Forums Horror Movie News
Jason Blum Makes Something Clear About New HALLOWEEN Film

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Producer Jason Blum is excited for everyone to see the new HALLOWEEN film and rightfully so. It’s not everyday that such a high profile classic is brought back in a new fashion. He wants to make one thing perfectly clear, the movie is not a reboot, as he tells Variety:

“THE WAY TO GET PEOPLE INTERESTED IS TO NOT REBOOT. THE TERM MAKES MY HAIR STAND UP ON THE BACK OF MY NECK. WHAT WE’RE DOING WITH HALLOWEEN IS I GUESS I’LL USE THE TERM REINVENTION. REBOOT JUST SOUNDS SO CORPORATE.”
Blum went on to talk about non-Horror people creating a Horror movie saying:

“I don’t necessarily believe you have to have made a bunch of scary movies to make a good scary movie. I think you have to have made a bunch of good movies.”
He adds:

“The way we attacked Halloween was to go after what we’ve done with a lot of other movies. David Gordon Green and Danny McBride are not known for horror, Jordan Peele was not known for horror before Get Out, so I think we’ve had a lot of success mixing genres of people. Not the movie – the movie’s a straight, scary movie.”

With Jamie Lee Curtis and John Carpenter both on board, this will be one of the most anticipated Horror films of all time. As far as the movie living up to the hype Blum states that fans “will be very happy”.

The new HALLOWEEN will be produced by Malek Akkad, whose Trancas International Films has produced the HALLOWEEN series since its inception. Green and McBride will executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner.

Judy Greer will play Strode’s daughter Karen, with actress Andi Matichak in line to play the granddaughter of Laurie Strode named Allyson. The man that played Michael Myers/The Shape in the original film, Nick Castle, will be reprising the role in the new HALLOWEEN sequel. Rob Niter and Will Patton will play officers of the law, and Rhian Rees is said to play a character in the movie named Dana.

Other cast members include Virginia Gardner, Miles Robbins, Dylan Arnold, and Drew Scheid as Allyson's classmates. Diva Tyler will play a caretaker.

The new HALLOWEEN film is set to hit theaters on October 19, 2018.

We will continue to keep you updated on all things HALLOWEEN.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 7/09/2018 at 02:50 AM | 105848