Forums Horror Movie Talk
SAW VI......everyone's favourite franchise is back!

Well I thought this was going to be an easy movie to review. I caught the opening of SAW VI at midnight last night and before going into it I was sure I'd be able to sum it up in one word..SUCKED! Im amazed to report though it was actually pretty good. Its actually entertaining and imaginative this time around. Jigsaw is back and the new traps and kills dont disappoint! Its got some tense moments and some all out brutality. Its shot entirely on video so you might not like the lack of film look; theres too many flashbacks; some of the acting is sub par....Costas Mandylor as Hoffman slugs around in the movie like a bloated Sylvester Stallone look alike but over all the complaints are minimal. Theres also some killer social commentary that is pretty dead on and avoids being hokey. If you like a brutal GORE film....go see SAW VI. It delivers the goods and should be a lot of fun this Halloween.SPOILER!!!!!!!!!! the end kill is I think the best in the franchise thus far.....this piece of shit of a human being after being tortured for an hour through various "tests" gets hammered with hundreds of needles that proceed to pump hydrofloric acid through his body. The end result is gobs of organs and intestines spilling all over the floor!
ny ghoul Friday 10/23/2009 at 03:02 PM | 56869
I really liked this one.

It was just fun to watch, plain and mple.

There were too many flashbacks and some of the acting was shit, but it didn't take away from watching it.

If you like the series, definitely check it out
chubacabra Friday 10/23/2009 at 10:49 PM | 56914