Forums Horror Collectibles
HSS WIN A 99' SHATNER CONTEST HERE NOW! RULES UPDATE 11/2

Ok people here it is. Darren Perks and HSS
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 10/27/2009 at 10:48 PM | 57156
With the exception of the 99 kirk that you and Darren are producing, I would have to say the my favorite HSS mask would have to be the Devious V1.

Why?

Well, it was the first mask that I have ordered from you.

It was my first experience dealing with you and it ignited my pason for HSS products.

That is why 80% of my collection is HSS.

Oldie but still a clasc!
Evildsm Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 12:16 AM | 57159
does anyone have a head on pic of booman by chance?
joelsparks Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 01:13 AM | 57162

Your monitor isn't big enough
chubacabra Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 01:27 AM | 57164

joelsparks Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 01:32 AM | 57166
After seeing your part 2 Jason, I fell in love with your work (Although I didn't ever track one down...keeping my fingers crossed). Friday the 13th Part 2 has always been one of my favorites in the series, so I was ecstatic to find out you were making an updated veron which fueled the fire for my collecting again. With my upcoming addition to my family I cant buy as many masks as I would like or I would have a lot more HSS in my collection.

But I can honestly say the pieces I do have will never leave my collection.

Thank you for everything!

I decided to make one of my own, hope thats okay.

It's so damn hard to get Chuck's reddish tan skintone...lol
Thorn Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 03:33 AM | 57170
After seeing your part 2 Jason, I fell in love with your work (Although I didn't ever track one down...keeping my fingers crossed). Friday the 13th Part 2 has always been one of my favorites in the series, so I was ecstatic to find out you were making an updated veron which fueled the fire for my collecting again. With my upcoming addition to my family I cant buy as many masks as I would like or I would have a lot more HSS in my collection.

But I can honestly say the pieces I do have will never leave my collection.

Thank you for everything!

I decided to make one of my own, hope thats okay.

It's so damn hard to get Chuck's reddish tan skintone...lol

HorrorSanctum Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 04:54 AM | 57174
I would say the H4 is my favorite! So much went into making just that piece alone and it really shows!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 07:16 AM | 57175

LMAO....

kweandee Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 10:37 AM | 57176
Obviously I can't be entered into this contest but I owe Booman some revenge for past jokes he's pulled on me here in the forum . . . and Sam's given me the perfect opportunity You can tell I'm a pro at this LOL (some of you have seen these before but nothing like bringing back some clascs)

Yes Ryan, I did it first LOL

DaShape Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 04:35 PM | 57182
OMG!
customcritters Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 04:56 PM | 57185
Obviously I can't be entered into this contest but I owe Booman some revenge for past jokes he's pulled on me here in the forum . . . and Sam's given me the perfect opportunity You can tell I'm a pro at this LOL (some of you have seen these before but nothing like bringing back some clascs)

Yes Ryan, I did it first LOL

LMFAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn Joel! You take this seriously when it comes down to bashin on Boo... HAHA! I just googled funny people and came up with that picture... LMAO! Well I can see we both think that picture fits him... Right on and Major props for those VERY convincing photos!

--Ryan
Harry Warden Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 05:28 PM | 57186
this is a great contest and the entries are fuckin funny but if you suck at photoshop how can you enter?

El Diablo Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 05:42 PM | 57187
this is a great contest and the entries are fuckin funny but if you suck at photoshop how can you enter? Just use MS Paint if you have a PC.

Thats what I use.

I have found a few more in my archives.

Evildsm Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 07:42 PM | 57194
Can I cry fowl on any of these photos? Sam McCain running a contest on HorrorBid for a Shatner mask. Someone pinch me is this 2008?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 08:36 PM | 57197
these photos are frying my mind. funny stuff everyone! and now i have a picture of you justin.
joelsparks Wednesday 10/28/2009 at 09:27 PM | 57205
I might as well enter this one...my fave HSS piece is the Karloff Frankenstein from Bride. I know for a fact that Sam spent several months researching this one and resculpting it over and over to get it perfect. I had the privilege of showing it to Sara Karloff and the inscription she gned on it "Dad would be proud" is the ultimate endorsement.As for part 2...

Here's the first Justin pic I Photoshopped:

lblambert Thursday 10/29/2009 at 01:30 AM | 57221
my favorite so far of the bunch is the mpelest one yet.....

the out of shape, Shape!

Lee Lambert you dick!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 10/29/2009 at 01:35 AM | 57222
I'm just impressed the mask stretched out that far...you could show movies on it

lblambert Thursday 10/29/2009 at 01:04 PM | 57238
BrandyWine Friday 10/30/2009 at 01:49 AM | 57239
Ok Rules have changed...check the first page.
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 11/03/2009 at 12:33 AM | 57420
Well....looks like nce there doesn't seem to be any interest and very few entries for this, the contest may have to be cancelled.

it's kind of a hard contest to enter nce all of us arent photoshop savvy. it kinda sucks thought to cancel it after you said it was going to happen.

pamelavoorheesRIP Tuesday 11/03/2009 at 02:39 AM | 57427
its a great contest but everyone that entered have already did such a kick ass job me not knowing anything about photo shop would have no chance. i wish this contest was as easy as the same one at mm.net.
El Diablo Tuesday 11/03/2009 at 02:57 AM | 57429
Don't stop the contest yet.......Here's a few of mine. It would suck if you shut it down after you started it.

Favorite horrorsanctum mask - DEVIOUS

Z willlllllllly Tuesday 11/03/2009 at 03:00 AM | 57431
I AGREE, STOPPING IT AT THIS POINT IS KINDA SHADY BUT CAN YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE EAER?

I KNOW YOU CAN CREATE YOUR OWN RULES BECAUASE ITS YOUR GIVEAWAY BUT IF YOU DONT KNOW GRAPHICS YOU CAN ENTER SO HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU EXPECT?
sausagecake Tuesday 11/03/2009 at 03:07 AM | 57432
I AGREE, STOPPING IT AT THIS POINT IS KINDA SHADY BUT CAN YOU MAKE IT A LITTLE EAER?

I KNOW YOU CAN CREATE YOUR OWN RULES BECAUASE ITS YOUR GIVEAWAY BUT IF YOU DONT KNOW GRAPHICS YOU CAN ENTER SO HOW MANY PEOPLE DID YOU EXPECT?

thats a good point. i would like to enter but cant.

El Diablo Tuesday 11/03/2009 at 03:09 AM | 57433
Rules have changed...see the first page.
HorrorSanctum Tuesday 11/03/2009 at 03:21 AM | 57435
Rules have changed...see the first page.

thx for changing it up and not cancelling it. my favorite mask of yours is probably the big ben you created. im a big house fan and it looks so accurate.

as for why i should win this contest. i just love collecting and horror. i have never owned anything but store bought myers mask. i will be the first to admit that im not the biggest myers fan in the world but i love the history and owning an actaul 99 shat would be the diamond in my collection. no matter who wins im just glad to be a member of this te and the horror community. thx.
El Diablo Wednesday 11/04/2009 at 01:11 AM | 57462
I'd say my favorite mask of yours I own Sam is my Crofader Edition H4 mask. It has become the one I brag about the most in my collection other then my Cropsy mask. I would have to say Big Ben would be the top mask or maybe Bad Dreams other then my Crofader.

I can't say I deserve to win the mask anymore then anyone else as much as I would like to other then it would be nice to be able to give my brother this or maybe one of my others and I keep this as I have gotten him hooked on mask collecting. I must say having my brother into this hobby has been such a great time for both of us and gives us even more to do together and I can't imagine anything better for him to be able to open up then this mask.

I wish everyone the best of luck and Thanks to Sam and Darren for doing this. Great idea to Sam as it is always fun seeing pics of Booman in these funny shots.....well maybe not ALL of them as a few were more of a nasty thought that didn't leave my head right off. lol
cropsy Wednesday 11/04/2009 at 01:52 AM | 57465
my favorite HSS mask is the fabled ultra rare Montery Jack "Chip and Dale Rescue Ranger" mask that Sam released circa 1992. Am I telling the truth? That is the real contest!

As for why I desrve the mask. One time when I was a child I was struck with the worst case of quadruple pneumonia. To pay for the spleen surgery (makes little sense I know) my mother had to sell my 1975 Captain Kirk mask. Ever nce then I have been dying to get something that resembles Bill Shatner, anything at this point would do. Seriously though, good luck to everyone that enters. If I win I am donating a small piece of the mask to everyone here on the te...

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 11/04/2009 at 02:57 AM | 57472
One time when I was a child I was struck with the worst case of quadruple pneumonia.

Don't lie...we all know you had Hydrocephalus

lblambert Wednesday 11/04/2009 at 03:19 AM | 57473
My favorite has to be the Aircorpse Redux.

It just oozes pure vintage awesomeness!

And the paint and sculpt work together perfectly.

(I have to post pics of mine tomorrow)

And well here's the pic

There is a uncensored veron but I don't wanna unleash that kind of evil on the world
chubacabra Wednesday 11/04/2009 at 03:23 AM | 57475
Man....these pics of Booman range from insane to perverse! holy shit some are down right creepy. Justin you're a sport my man lol.

That being said? Sam you da man! thanks for the rules change as I am completely and sadly computer illiterate! So heres my old school entry...

My favourite HSS mask? Well I LOOOVE my DEVIOUS masks BUT....when I got the H4 and opened that box? holy crap. Autumn 1988 came spilling out!!!!! I immediately called a few of my buds and was like holy crap you GOT to see this. Its accurate as hell and just stunning. Thus its my fav!

Why should I win this contest? hmmm...Im an old fart with 2 kids and a cranky ball and chain who probably shouldn't be plunking down any loot for a Myers mask for me to enjoy what with Christmas coming/bills/etc. SooooOOOoooo.....a free KILLER 99 Shatner would look VERY nice on my mantle right about now!

Good luck to all! and who else but Sam does these kick ass fan friendly contests? Great job by you bro!
ny ghoul Wednesday 11/04/2009 at 04:13 AM | 57477
one of my all time favorite hss masks has to be the big ben. its a clasc and with the helment and full setup its one of a kind.

as for why i should win the contest. thats a tough question to answer. im a huge horror fan and always have been nce i was a little one. i love collecting vinatge masks and the shatner mask is one of the most popular vintage style masks you can own. i would be honored to win but will congratulate whoever the lucky person is. im just happy to be part of this community especially here on horrorbid.
oldskool Wednesday 11/04/2009 at 07:29 PM | 57504
OVERDONEWITHGONE
Bridge Thursday 11/05/2009 at 05:50 AM | 57553
My personal favorite would be my HSS Kirk converon by Sam himself. It just screams Shape!!!

Why I should win??? Because I post pics of my HSS white masks

on a daily bas more than anybody on every

forum
kaizu Saturday 11/07/2009 at 04:48 PM | 57595
There should be an album in the gallery with all these funny pictures of BoomanGood luck everybody...
kweandee Saturday 11/07/2009 at 05:13 PM | 57692
have i said how much i want to win this.

El Diablo Thursday 11/12/2009 at 03:00 PM | 57914
I heard Booman was buying everyone that didn't win the contest one of these.

cropsy Friday 11/13/2009 at 08:20 AM | 57951
I heard Booman was buying everyone that didn't win the contest one of these. i just got an e-mail saying the exact same thing cropsy!

El Diablo Friday 11/13/2009 at 10:29 PM | 57963
lol...I think I got one of those too!
Thorn Friday 11/13/2009 at 11:16 PM | 57965
Ok... lol... Joel already had me beat on the pic of booman that I made... SO... On that note I am sticking with the HSS H4 as my favorite and how about Cunt BooMan... Woops, I mean Clint BooMan...I am also going to add why I think I should win. I've spent my entire summer remodeling, fixing, cleaning and degning my work shop. I have sank every last dollar into supplies and everything I needed to do my workshop. I am a Huge fan of Sam's work but have not been able to really show it because of being busy all the time, not having the funds to get anything from him for a while now and It's just catching up to me. I miss not being in the collecting field for a while. I just had to put bigger prioritys first before fun. There's alot of differant things I've been wanting for some time now and from more then just Sam. Winning this B.E.A. utiful

Shatner Myers mask would just be a breath of fresh air in my life right now and it would mean the world to me! Thanks for holding such a kick ass contest Sam!

I'm feeling Lucky punk...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 11/14/2009 at 08:21 AM | 57974
Well Id have to say the Kirk 08. It was an epic return of one of the greats to the mask making industry. nce the return Sam has brought great quality fast service back to the buyers. This is my favorite mask and the reason why I think it is gnificant to this industry. not only that it is as about as close as you can get to the 75 bedes the 99 Shatner.

By the way I didnt even have to alter this picture. I just searched fat head on the net and found this uncanny picture of Justin. Amazing that this is one in the same.

Thanks for the contest Sam

Matthew Mayhem Sunday 11/15/2009 at 01:12 AM | 57993
WOW! I completely forgot about this contest. I haven't been on in a while, but all i want to say is thanks for not stopping this awesome contest and good luck to everybody that entered...

The reason why i want this mask, is so that i can add it to my collection...which isn't very big. All my masks so far are store bought masks that look cool but they are not legit, except for one and that's the DEVIOUS mask (which is awesome by the way)...and it would be great having an early Christmas present

Here's a pic I did of booman I made in the summer lol

Z willlllllllly Sunday 11/15/2009 at 02:21 AM | 57995
my favorite HSS mask is my Tramer because it is the closest thing to the screen used Tramer in Halloween 2, a great kirk based replica with the REAL paint scheme not to mention one of the best hairing jobs i have ever seen

as for booman??

Johnny Bisco Sunday 11/15/2009 at 02:47 AM | 57997
1 more day!

El Diablo Monday 11/16/2009 at 12:01 AM | 58034