Forums Horror Collectibles
The Alien Franchise

Lets talk about the Alien franchise. I think it one of the best sci fi franchises ever. But do you conder it horror? I think all the movies are stellar even the throw away ones, what are some of your favorites? Mine personally are the first and the third.
customcritters Thursday 1/28/2010 at 06:39 AM | 60778
Love Alien, probably my most favorite monster movie ever

I try not to buy Alien stuff nce it's so addictive and never ending

I just watched it again last week and it never seems old. In the behind the scenes, Ridley Scott would explain how he wanted to make a Sci-Fi veron of TCM. I also like the way he used the show less is much scarier technique during the scenes showing the big chap.

My fav would definetly be the 1st though each sequal had it's moments

Alien-A clasc horror Aliens-Big budget family friendly horror flick Alien 3-Nice dark atmosphere, kinda like a European film Alien Resurrection-Has comic book feel.
kaizu Thursday 1/28/2010 at 08:03 AM | 60781
Love Alien, probably my most favorite monster movie ever

I try not to buy Alien stuff nce it's so addictive and never ending

I just watched it again last week and it never seems old. In the behind the scenes, Ridley Scott would explain how he wanted to make a Sci-Fi veron of TCM. I also like the way he used the show less is much scarier technique during the scenes showing the big chap.

My fav would definetly be the 1st though each sequal had it's moments

Alien-A clasc horror Aliens-Big budget family friendly horror flick Alien 3-Nice dark atmosphere, kinda like a European film Alien Resurrection-Has comic book feel.

Kaizu...PERFECT descriptions of the films. My favs are the first two, but overall its a rare series where pretty much every film kicks ass.

Even though ALIEN is labeled as sci-fi/thriller, the first one for sure is a clasc monster tale. EXCELLENT!
ny ghoul Thursday 1/28/2010 at 05:02 PM | 60791
Aliens Ruled, Resurection ummmm not so much, but hay Brad Dourif was in it and that immediatly makes it cool

Still, I remimber the first time I saw the whole inner jaw thing with Alien, it about flipped me outI think I need to go watch those again

Harvey0005 Friday 1/29/2010 at 08:22 AM | 60825
I love the first two, with my favorite being Aliens.

Alien 3 was good, but for some reason I just never warmed up to it like the first two.

I didn't care for Resurrection at all.

I know I'll get slammed for saying this, but I also enjoyed the first AVP.

Granted, it's no Alien or Aliens, but it was pretty cool to see the two iconic monsters on the same screen.
gummi Friday 1/29/2010 at 10:25 AM | 60831
i always liked the first three. resurrection is okay, watchable, but not good. AVP sucks AVP2 is a fun monster flick.
thebeyond105 Monday 2/08/2010 at 07:18 AM | 61315
Alien and Aliens is my top two. I never was interested in the movies after
Matthew Mayhem Monday 2/08/2010 at 08:22 AM | 61317
The first Alien was horror. The second one was action. They're both sci-fi too obviously. I never liked any of the other sequels. And I think the first one is the best. I hated AVP but I also found AVP:R to be a fun monster movie.
JackOLantern Monday 2/08/2010 at 07:56 PM | 61345
The Alien movies are not horror to me. When they showed them on AMC Monster/Horror Fest this year I had no idea why. They aren't scary, they're just sci-fi.

I bought the big giant box set and I can't believe I wasted my money. I had actually never seen Alien but I bought it before I had bought the box set. I was excited to see Alien 3 and Resurrection and....I couldn't believe I wasted my money. Alien 3 was horrid and Resurrection was...an improvement but still shitty. Winona Ryder? Seriously?!
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 2/10/2010 at 03:23 PM | 61453