Forums Horror Collectibles
What Friday the 13th Ranks lowest on your scale?

My least favorite 3 are:

-Friday the 13th Part V -Jason Goes to Hell -Jason X

Jason Goes to Hell has arguably the best look of Jason to date. Bad part is they only showed him (in True Jason form) for about 5-10 minutes.

That really, really brought this movie down.

The end payoff is fantastic with Fred's hand grabbing the hock so this isn't worst on my list.

Jason X, obviously out of left field and the whole Space thing . . . Could you see Myers in Space?

I guess I have to say Part V is my least favorite.

The real Jason isn't even in it and it sort of has a scooby-Doo ending.
lifesizedesigns Tuesday 1/22/2008 at 03:36 AM | 895
:F13:

My least favorite 3 are:

-Friday the 13th Part V -Jason Goes to Hell -Jason X

Jason Goes to Hell has arguably the best look of Jason to date. Bad part is they only showed him (in True Jason form) for about 5-10 minutes.

That really, really brought this movie down.

The end payoff is fantastic with Fred's hand grabbing the hock so this isn't worst on my list.

Jason X, obviously out of left field and the whole Space thing . . . Could you see Myers in Space?

I guess I have to say Part V is my least favorite.

The real Jason isn't even in it and it sort of has a scooby-Doo ending.

HAHA... Scooby-Doo ending.

I agree that Part V wasn't the best in the series... but I wouldn't call it the worst. It still had that Friday The 13th feel (even if you have to try extra hard to find it). Jason X ranks lowest on my scale. It's quite posbly my least favorite slasher film (out of the main slashers) of all time. He was in outer space... in the future! Enough said.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 1/22/2008 at 03:47 AM | 897
About Part V though... I did have a huge problem with the fact that it wasn't Jason. That sort of shows that just anyone can put on a hockey mask and be as strong and witty as Jason (which just isn't true). Plus the jokes in that movie were just too much.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 1/22/2008 at 04:35 AM | 914
I'm sorry but.. even though Kane Hodder is in it... Jason X is the lowest for me.

Sorry.
GrampaGruesome Tuesday 1/22/2008 at 09:51 AM | 954
I'm sorry but.. even though Kane Hodder is in it... Jason X is the lowest for me.

Sorry.

Don't feel sorry. That movie has no excuses. ...
Myers31TKD Tuesday 1/22/2008 at 10:03 AM | 956
Part 5 Part 1 Part 2
DWN Productions Tuesday 1/22/2008 at 01:40 PM | 963
Part V.
Michael Aspinwall Tuesday 1/22/2008 at 05:36 PM | 972
Jason goes to hell..... RIdiculous idea for a Friday the 13th sequel
andy_gza Tuesday 1/22/2008 at 05:37 PM | 973
i have to say part 1 and 2. i think those are the ones without the hock in them. only with the bag. i havn't really watched friday the 13th for a while. but i hate the ones with the bags over the head.
RickyTheShape Tuesday 1/22/2008 at 05:45 PM | 976
i have to say part 1 and 2. i think those are the ones without the hock in them. only with the bag. i havn't really watched friday the 13th for a while. but i hate the ones with the bags over the head.

Yeah, the first is with Jason's mother and the second is him with the bag you're talking about. I agree that the hockey mask was an improvement on the sack... but the first to movies (in my opinion) are two of the very best. They had amazing effects for the time they were made, and they were the ones that got people interested in the series.

That just goes to show you how different opinions can get. One who thinks it's the worst, another who thinks it's the best.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 1/22/2008 at 06:42 PM | 980
Jason X.

chaos_thorn Wednesday 1/23/2008 at 01:37 PM | 1022
I only Like

F1, 2, 3, 4, 5.......no more no less
Matthew Mayhem Wednesday 1/23/2008 at 01:56 PM | 1031
jason goes to hell by far is my least favorite and then I'd say part 7 then manhatten and then jason x.
cropsy Wednesday 1/23/2008 at 04:22 PM | 1050
jason goes to hell by far is my least favorite and then I'd say part 7 then manhatten and then jason x.

I forgot about Jason Goes To Hell with all of its movie props and references, terrible story, and that freakin creature that jumps around from person to person. But still, I can stand to watch it. The movie that I own but very rarely graces my DVD player remains, and will forever be, Jason X.
Myers31TKD Wednesday 1/23/2008 at 06:32 PM | 1072
I'd rather watch Jason X any day over Jason Goes to Hell cause even as bad as most think the story is at least Jason was in it(robot or not)
cropsy Wednesday 1/23/2008 at 08:54 PM | 1082
I'd rather watch Jason X any day over Jason Goes to Hell cause even as bad as most think the story is at least Jason was in it(robot or not)

Yeah but it's just so damn stupid. The fact that it was set in the future was just too much for anyone. I mean can anyone truly say that theyliked Jason X?
Myers31TKD Wednesday 1/23/2008 at 09:09 PM | 1087
jason goes to hell is a VERY under rated movie IMHO. most of you all hate on it because "Jason is barely in it"

thats the point! either people "get" the movie or they dont i guess.

Friday 5 was a slick movie i just wish they would have continued making Tommy the killer instead of the whole Jason as a zombie thing that started in pt6.

worst one? hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm id say Manhattan for sure probably only because there was hardly any Manhattan in it at all
Johnny Bisco Friday 1/25/2008 at 12:25 AM | 1178
Well, here is my unofficial list from best to worst:1.)Friday The 13th 2.)Part II 3.)Part III... despite the 3D b.s.

4.)The Final Chapter 5.)Part VI: Jason Lives 6.)Part V: A New Beginning 7.)Jason Goes To Hell 8.)Part VII: The New Blood 9.)Jason Takes Manhattan 10.)Jason XAnd then there is Freddy vs. Jason... (POS)
Myers31TKD Friday 1/25/2008 at 12:47 AM | 1183
I think they ALL SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

j Just playing lol. I didnt like the one in nyc...jason takes manhattan....that one sucked in my opinion.
quietonthesetstudios Friday 1/25/2008 at 01:36 AM | 1188

to be honest i think the Elephant man/scarecrow look was my favorite
Johnny Bisco Sunday 1/27/2008 at 05:53 AM | 1297
Bisco, I agree about part 2 rocking. I loved Jason's hut in the woods and the whole mothers head thing. I actually thought Jason with the bag on his head was creepy as hell.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 1/27/2008 at 06:07 AM | 1299
Bisco, I agree about part 2 rocking. I loved Jason's hut in the woods and the whole mothers head thing. I actually thought Jason with the bag on his head was creepy as hell. thats why part 2 was so bad ass, its is THE only movie that gave you a glimpse into Jason's life, i mean damn they even showed he had a shitter in his homemade hut!
Johnny Bisco Sunday 1/27/2008 at 11:35 AM | 1300
Bisco, I agree about part 2 rocking. I loved Jason's hut in the woods and the whole mothers head thing. I actually thought Jason with the bag on his head was creepy as hell.Jason would have been creepy with anything on his head. It's just that after the common public saw the hockey mask (which was just when the franchise was picking up some steam), they recognized Jason with that on. Personally... I like Jason with the hockey mask... but only before he became a superhuman undead ghoul in the later films.
Myers31TKD Sunday 1/27/2008 at 03:55 PM | 1306
There has been a lot of talk on this subject lately so I thought I'd bring back a blast from the past. Everyone has really been ripping on part 8 recently while a mere 3 years ago it was mainly 5 and 9 that brought your wrath. More food for thought?
vbrockladyv Monday 1/17/2011 at 06:25 AM | 70052
I have to go with Jason X. I hate this movie with a pason.

Ryn Monday 1/17/2011 at 07:22 AM | 70055
I am a HUGE F13 fan...but Jason goes to Hell is terrible....just awful. I can't even watch itNick
myers n San Diego Monday 1/17/2011 at 05:22 PM | 70084
I am a HUGE F13 fan...but Jason goes to Hell is terrible....just awful. I can't even watch itNick

My thoughts exactly Nick!

I also can't stand JTM.

I'm a big pt.2 fan!

The sack head is Brutal!

JC
JC_70 Monday 1/17/2011 at 11:27 PM | 70114
in personal order of repulveness :

Jason Goes to Hell Jason X Jason Takes Manhattan

can I include that remake they just put out ?

poeticmadness Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 02:52 AM | 70137
JASON GOES TO HELL JASON X PART 7

TheShape1188 Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 03:17 AM | 70139
I have to add 8 to my list but I do like the hock alot in that one for some reason. In my eyes none can compare to the first 4. Number 4 being top of my all time favorite list. But 8 and X are just bad.
Ryn Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 04:42 AM | 70148
My favs are 1,2 and 4. Ted White is my favorite Jason followed by Kane. The worst? clearly JASON X and MANHATTAN.

(although manhattan has my favorite hock look)

JASON GOES TO HELL is underrated. Its a great horror film imo. Lots of fun and gore!
ny ghoul Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 03:48 PM | 70160
Thank you. Ted White was the best Jason by far. And I too liked JGTH. It was fun and different.
Ryn Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 06:31 PM | 70175
I am in the extreme minority, but my least favorite is Part 2. I just do not like how much they rehashed the first film and the directing always bothers me.

And yes, Jason Goes To Hell is awesome!
jasonsfury Friday 1/21/2011 at 02:54 AM | 70386
I will have to say that Friday the 13th part 8 takes the taco for my lowest ranked in the series. It is because that one was really the first one that was truly ridiculous. But the roots for this stinker of a film and the subsequent bad films that follow it can be traced all the way back to part 4. Because they killed off Jason in part 4 that left them with only two options when they decided to continue the series. They cold have a copycat killer. This they did in part 5. And the second thing they could do was bring Jason back to life. This they do in part 6. Once Jason became truly supernatural in nature the things that the heroes of the films would have to do to stop him became more and more extreme. Notice if you will how he never got shot at till part 6 and by then it had no effect. So part 8 is a train derailment and sets the stage for an anything goes approach. Part 9 is a cool flick but would have been better if it was its own stand alone film and not a Jason film. And part X, the far future and outer space really? 1 through 7 are cool but really the further you get from part 4 the further you get from the base story and the worse things get.

Piman334 Wednesday 1/26/2011 at 05:40 PM | 70777
Am I gonna get racked over the coals or applauded for this but JASON X? I just couldn't stomach it. I've learned to appreciate it more however with time.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 1/28/2011 at 02:45 AM | 70889
Yeah, I gotta say Jason Goes to Hell is my least favorite. Personally I really liked Jason X, It had originality as far as kills and had the slight humor edge to it.

As far as looks go, Part 3, Part 7 and Part 8 are neck and neck.

UndeadDave76 Friday 1/28/2011 at 08:11 AM | 70913
Wow you guys are crazy, i dont know why everyone hoped on the i hate jason x bandwagen, but if you a jason fan how do you not like it? yes its not the best of the series but it has some awesome fx and even better kills. Not my fav but a good flick nonetheless. As for part 5, i agree it wasnt that good and it didnt have jason in it, but i have to admit it does have the clasc f13 feel. Part 8 was fun but could have been much better. So the only bad one left is jason goes to hell which i think is the worst by far, it definitly had its moments but just doesnt feel like a jason movie to me, bleh. Hands down part 6 is the best

MiLeSx13x Friday 1/28/2011 at 03:52 PM | 70930
Bisco, I agree about part 2 rocking. I loved Jason's hut in the woods and the whole mothers head thing. I actually thought Jason with the bag on his head was creepy as hell.

:drinkers: I agree with you BooMan, that look was actually based off a real serial killer so that's what's terrifying on that end. Part 5 was okey... but then again it could have been better. But my least favorate has to be Jason X, that is the only Friday the 13th film that I couldn't watch to it's entirity because of how bad it was, hell I didn't even make it to the cyborg Jason part!!!

But part 8 is where it started to slope..
Angellic/KillerChild Friday 1/28/2011 at 06:41 PM | 70939