Forums Off Topic
Do you believe in the afterlife? /ghosts? / Demons?

Hi everyone, I surely believe there is an afterlife. When I was small multiple times a weird ghost comes into my room everything got cold and it got close to my then I scream and it fly away. Later on when I was on my parents bed I saw it flying down very creepy later on I never seen it again also I manage to get weird images with my camera. I surely believe there is something after death. What is your opinion? Please share…..
mycoolgirl Monday 9/20/2010 at 08:30 AM | 66432
Creepy pic

Sadly I've never encountered any sort of paranormal activity...

Would like to
kaizu Monday 9/20/2010 at 02:58 PM | 66437
Absolutely not, but that's just me.
aceofspades70 Monday 9/20/2010 at 09:16 PM | 66456
Nope. People have a big imagination.
Klempo Tuesday 9/21/2010 at 11:10 AM | 66480
my opinion would be... when we're dead, we're dirt. nothing more.
pantera11431 Friday 9/24/2010 at 11:23 PM | 66527
Of course there is something more than this plane of existence. Afterlife, ghosts, demons? yes yes and yes.
ny ghoul Saturday 9/25/2010 at 02:18 AM | 66532
I believe..I can't prove it, but I believe I have seen some stuff myself..So have a few good friends of mine.

Thank you for sharing the photo. Some time, I would like to go to this cemetary in my area and take some pictures at night. I need someone to to go with me though, and I don't know anyone else who would be interested who is available right now.
Moon Saturday 9/25/2010 at 05:21 AM | 66536
There is deff an afterlife of some sort, We are made up of energy & when we die our energy continues on, cuz you can kill energy.

As far as the picture, great lookin shot, but unfortunately all I see are orbs.
skutterk Tuesday 10/12/2010 at 10:26 PM | 66867
Afterlife yes because one day we will all rise as the walking dead and feast on the living. Ghosts yes. Demons yep.

Poltergeists yes. I lived in a house for most of my life that had some type of abnormality to it, which is part of my love for horror. My mom believes it was ghosts and has nce become obsessed and runs her own paranormal team where we live. I do believe in the unseen of all types. I even believe in werewolves, witches, and vampires. look at it this way, if you never see god are you going to say he doesnt exist? Same thing. just because you cant see it doesnt mean you shouldnt believe it cause it could sneak up and end you really quick.
allthingsundead Thursday 10/14/2010 at 03:07 PM | 66921
I can't prove any of it to not be real or that it is real but I do feel there has to be them kind of things so yes I do believe. I love it though when some of my very religious friends say there is no such things as demons and ghosts or an afterlife.
cropsy Thursday 10/14/2010 at 07:39 PM | 66932
you go to one of two places when you die. and ghosts? I'm on the fence about that
lopli Thursday 10/14/2010 at 08:13 PM | 66935
I can't prove any of it to not be real or that it is real but I do feel there has to be them kind of things so yes I do believe. I love it though when some of my very religious friends say there is no such things as demons and ghosts or an afterlife. I definatly believe though I have nothing to back it up Ive never experienced anything even remotly otherworldly
mytee Sunday 10/17/2010 at 12:55 PM | 67094
That picture looks fake to me. But i do believe in ghosts, Demons and the paranormal

If humans, animals and other living creatures exist, isn't it posble for ghosts to exist. Only the dead know exactly what happens after they die
Checker Monday 10/18/2010 at 08:48 AM | 67135
I believe in the Paranormal.
Michael Aspinwall Thursday 12/09/2010 at 07:47 PM | 68271
I definitely believe in the supernatural. I have personally never experienced anything otherworldly but I know people who say they have and I think some of the televion shows and documented cases of hauntings are pretty convincing.
Demonoid Phenomenon Monday 12/13/2010 at 03:13 PM | 68342
Well to be honest I would like to say, I only believe in afterlife but not a big fan of believing ghosts and Demons because those are like nice old grandma stories.
Fedora Thursday 12/16/2010 at 12:32 PM | 68405
I know this is offtopic, but I just want to say that it is fucking awesome to see people on here being respectful of other people's beliefs and opinions on this subject. That is not the case on the other board I post at, most of the people there are very atheist, and one of them even said that people who believe in supernatural things like ghosts and the paranormal are " A drain on society", then when I call them on being assholes to people who don't believe as they do, they claim they have respect for people who don't believe as they do, then later, they are assholes again..I am going to try to post here more often, because people seem nicer. I mean, if you had a thread like this over at that board, there would be a bunch of fighting and it would suck.
Moon Thursday 1/06/2011 at 07:19 AM | 69273
Do I believe in an afterlife, ghosts, demons? Well I Have never experienced anything supernatural. But that alone does not prove that such things could exist.

There is a little phrase that I find is helpful when it comes to matters like these. The absence of evidence is not evidence of absence. I have always taken this to mean that until there is some kind of definitive proof one way or the other people are free to believe what they want. So I have to say that I don't believe strongly about the existence of these things but I am hopeful that at least some form of an afterlife does exist. And that this afterlife has some sort of proper system were the good are rewarded and the bad are punished. This is why organized religion has and will likely always be around. Life is hard and people need to know that at the end things will be taken care of.

now think about the alternative for a minute. You die. If there is no afterlife then that really is it. You have to try to contemplate complete nothingness. No sensation of touch, sound, ght not even your own thoughts. No dreams. Nothing. To me that is really scary. So I hope there is a chance to experience something good rather than just cease to be..... Thanks for reading my rant.
Piman334 Saturday 1/08/2011 at 03:34 AM | 69408
There is no proof that there is an afterlife. Therefore, it doesn't exist. In my opinion, once you're dead that's it. It's over. That's just my opinion though.
Sourfacedbastard Sunday 1/09/2011 at 02:09 PM | 69450
Yes I do believe.
SANDMAN78 Sunday 1/16/2011 at 03:31 PM | 69944
human beings are made of energy, plain and mple. energy cannot be destroyed. it can be transformed, but not destroyed. that said, when we die, our bodies may cease to be, but the energy that makes us up has to go somewhere.

Does that mean the energy becomes something that the living can see and posbly call it a " ghost " ? who knows. But the energy remains regardless.
poeticmadness Monday 1/17/2011 at 05:08 AM | 70042
That is such a great analogy, I never thought of that until we were talking that one night.But makes complete sense....

human beings are made of energy, plain and mple. energy cannot be destroyed. it can be transformed, but not destroyed. that said, when we die, our bodies may cease to be, but the energy that makes us up has to go somewhere.

Does that mean the energy becomes something that the living can see and posbly call it a " ghost " ? who knows. But the energy remains regardless.
skutterk Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 06:33 PM | 70176
I've seen way to many things in my life to say no. Do I believe in ghost? Yup.
Ryn Tuesday 1/18/2011 at 06:39 PM | 70178
I am an avid ghosthunter and have encounter many of strange things that couldn't be explained by rational means.

So yes, I do believe in ghost and demons.

I have personally encountered a "shadow person", and have been "touched" by a ghost.

A lot of people can and will dismiss what I have personally encountered, but that is fine, everyone is entitled to their own opinion.
tml1965 Thursday 1/20/2011 at 10:42 PM | 70369
Well according to my stats I guess there is a 50/50 chance of believing either de. So my decion is an impartial one.
Emejane Thursday 4/21/2011 at 05:45 AM | 74810