Forums Horror Collectibles
legal free viewing of Methodic... possible??

Greetings my fellow Bidites,

For about... 2-3 years, I've been looking at what is called by its maker a "hardcore hommage to John Carpenter's Halloween."

But people call it a rip-off of it instead!

But here's my pholosephies on pretty much everything reviewable, "one man's trash is another's treasure" and "I'm intitled unto my own opinion!"

Although it was Michael Myers who welcomed me to the Horror Genre, I want to see how good this film is.

I mean, The Wolfman remake and Rob Zombie's Halloween 2 was spat at and shat out by critics, but here they are within my horror DVD libary.

Also, Troll 2 is labeled by some the worst horror flick nce Plan 9 From Outter Space, but ironicly, people blow $14.00 to $20.00 on that movie.

So, I'm looking for a ways of legal means of watching this movie before I spend my money on it.

As long as the creator and Blinky Productions has no problem with it, neather shall I...

Donnie (Angellic/KillerChild)
Angellic/KillerChild Friday 1/28/2011 at 06:05 PM | 70935
The movie sucks bro. I would not plunk down any amount of money for a film that bad. First off, the director thought that the original could be "improved" and thus he made his film. He even refers to doll man as an "icon"! Its chock full of bad acting, theres no scares-tenon or blood;

its got a terrible cheap film look. We're talking bottom of the barrel film making and not in the lovable TROMA way.

Believe me man, dont waste your time on this piece of shit. What really makes things worse is the rip off factor, he's not paying homage....and even worse? its not even good. Theres plenty of slashers that pay homage to Halloween, this is bacally a bad college film.
ny ghoul Friday 1/28/2011 at 06:36 PM | 70937
I thank you for what you said, but that's your opinion my friend.

Like I said, Troll 2 is still talked about famously, and that's labeled worst horror flick nce Plan 9 from Outer Space.

I've watched both as well as a few campy collage flicks but I can bear though and watch this.
Angellic/KillerChild Friday 1/28/2011 at 06:48 PM | 70940
Man you better be right Evan about how bad this movie is...or I'm huntin you down brother. Lol J/K ManI love really bad made films, The worse the review, the better the movie is, in my opinion.

I'll have to check this out.

skutterk Friday 1/28/2011 at 06:58 PM | 70942
Man you better be right Evan about how bad this movie is...or I'm huntin you down brother. Lol J/K ManI love really bad made films, The worse the review, the better the movie is, in my opinion.

You know skutterk, your opinion is nearly right for the most part. Nearly all critics bash other's cinematic artwork due to eather personal issues, not their favorate artest, or just because they're jelous that they didn't make it as far as the people they're reviewing.

All and all, most criticly dissproved films are often the best.

So I'd like to see this for shits and giggles or even maybe to be wowed by how many dumbasses are out there.
Angellic/KillerChild Friday 1/28/2011 at 07:18 PM | 70943
So true, so true.

You know skutterk, your opinion is nearly right for the most part. Nearly all critics bash other's cinematic artwork due to eather personal issues, not their favorate artest, or just because they're jelous that they didn't make it as far as the people they're reviewing.

All and all, most criticly dissproved films are often the best.

So I'd like to see this for shits and giggles or even maybe to be wowed by how many dumbasses are out there.
skutterk Friday 1/28/2011 at 07:32 PM | 70944
my review is part opinion and subjective as a viewer and also part critical in terms of film making, writing etc. Im a horror fan, I know very well that the majority of horror films, especially indie films are bashed by mainstream critics.....thus "the worse the review the better the film". Yeah, that works for many films that have some sort of merit. Methodic has no merit imo other than a nice cameo of Charles Cyphers and the appearance of Brandon Slagle. The camera work, script, acting blow. If you like that? by all means watch away.

Angellic, your notion of people giving bad reviews based on personal issues and or jealousy is balanced by all the reviews made by friends and people who like to suck up, to those who are terrified in giving an honest bad review for fear of not being accepted.

I also think that the more people keep settling for shit, the more big studios are going to turn to remakes and the usual suspects we see playing in the theaters. These days everyone and their mothers uncle has a camera and makes movies. Well, thats fine.....but please...learn how to USE the camera, learn how to LIGHT a set, learn how to manage sound. Im tired of all the crap. That goes for fan films too....instead of rushing to make a film, learn the craft. Nothing wrong with quality.
ny ghoul Saturday 1/29/2011 at 08:36 PM | 71032
mmk, If I get a see it, maybe I could remake it... lol
Angellic/KillerChild Sunday 1/30/2011 at 12:25 AM | 71048