Forums Trailers and Videos
HorrorBid Death of the Day 4/17

I don't care what anybody says, I still like THE BLOB. Maybe I was just the perfect age when I saw it in the theater or it was just Kevin Dillon's majestic, epic and utterly glorious mega-mullet.....I don't know. i still like it.

Today's HorrorBid Death of the Day is "one" of my favorite scenes from the movie. I chose it not only because it's relatively short, but because it also has so much packed into such a small time frame. I won't actually go into great detail of the scene because there's a whole generation of Bidites who probably don't even know what a phonebooth is, apart from a Superman reference, and won't be able to relate to the unique feeling of being extremely well lit in a transparent glass box on a dark, seemingly abandoned street. And after this movie, the idea of some pink goo sliding down the de and entombing you was always fluttering around somewhere in your mind!

At any rate, you have to give credit to Fran Hewitt, the endearing waitress played by Candy Clark, for at least putting up a fight right to the end and not just standing there screaming like some helpless ninnie!

Okay, enough blab. Dinner time Mr. Blob.

vbrockladyv Sunday 4/17/2011 at 05:48 PM | 74619
I have to agree with you on this, it was on TV a couple weeks back and I forgot how much I liked it and what I especially noticed was we got to see a young kid die.

Usuallyin mnost horror movies when a kid dies it is usually done off screen and we are left withthe illuon that they have been kid but we never see the actual thing happen.

But then I wonder about

because he disobeyed his parents by sneaking out and going to the movies was this his punishment??

Either way his death was cool.
latingoddyss Monday 4/18/2011 at 02:42 PM | 74652
Awesome damn film. Loved it then and love it now. Seems like its been kinda forgotten over the years by most. I'd like to see it gain the recognition it deserves. I remember as a kid thinkin that the good looking jock type was the hero, and being shocked to shit when he got meltified in good ol blobby!

Had I been an adult with any measure of good taste Id have knwn he was a dickhead of course, and been laughing my ass off

Dr Phibes Monday 4/18/2011 at 03:06 PM | 74654