Forums Trailers and Videos
HorrorBid Death of the Day 4/25 They see me rollin"...

today's HorrorBid Death of the Day comes from 1977's THE CAR starring JAMES BROLIN. I just love this movie. Always have. I remember being itty bitty and reenacting this movie continuously with my G.I. Joes. The fact that my parents never had me locked up just amazes me.

Anyway, this is one of those movies that would horrendously flop nowadays. I mean, it's just a car driving around killing people, but it's back when the "unknown" was still scary and you didn't need your story spoon fed down your throat and continuous high speed computer generated action! Not to mention it has James Brolin back when he was THE MAN! Of course his name in the movie is Wade Parent.....which sounds kind of manly at first, but the more you look at it the dumber it seems.

But this post isn't about him. It's about the kill. There are several in this movie that I like, but this one is just the best. Only THE CAR could take out two police cruisers without a scratch! t back, release your stranglehold common sense and enjoy.

vbrockladyv Monday 4/25/2011 at 06:29 PM | 74970
Seriously, is there anyone cooler than James Brolin in that film? I'll save you the trouble, the answer is no. No, there is not.
MLeeHolmes Monday 4/25/2011 at 06:39 PM | 74971